Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 DPs to combine/merge Two Discover accts

tag
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

2021 DPs to combine/merge Two Discover accts

So I wanted to create this thread regarding Discover's new requirements (2021) to combine account limits.

(Shout out and Thanks to @JoeLuvsHisCredit  for alerting me to this change in another post.) 

In the past, only one CLI eligible card was needed to qualify for the combine.  This eligible  account - from my understanding, would be the surviving card.  

Now 
both cards need to be CLI eligible in order to combine them.

Each account needs to be at least 12 months old as well.

Here is a copy of the conversation I had with  
a CSR:

3BF0BD8C-CBC2-4896-BBE4-1A802BC68684.jpeg

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: 2021 DPs to combine/merge Two Discover accts

The DISCO CSR might be un informed ... HUCA!

Message 2 of 6
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

The DISCO CSR might be un informed ... HUCA!

Sadly, it's the way it is now. I got the same response when I tried a few months back (opened a Miles card, was given a tiny limit, but could not move anything from the IT card). I don't really get why banks make it a hassle considering they've already extended you the credit anyway, but their credit, their rules. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had seen someone report this on another thread that I can't find right now where a rep told them that both cards have to have a CLI available and I just got off the phone with Discover and can confirm that is the new policy. It is no longer possible unless both cards are eligible for a CLI so I went ahead and just closed my Miles card. I just wanted to add a confirmation post about the new policy. 

Message 4 of 6
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yeah, this happened to me last year. They don't budge on it.

Message 5 of 6
blindambition
Senior Contributor

This one makes no sense to me, as long as accounts are in good standing. I guess it's not worth complaining though. Cap One no longer does them, and WF requires HP. Hoops I tell ya!!! 😉 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.