Did you mean: 

2022 Affinity FCU Cash Rewards - Q4 Hi5 Bonus Categories

tag
Beefy1212
Established Contributor

Re: 2022 Affinity FCU Cash Rewards - Q4 Hi5 Bonus Categories

@LawStudentCivilis wrote:

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

Never got an email about the upcoming cats for Q4, but this is now showing on the official AFCU credit card rewards section for those of us with a CC.  Just login and navigate to the "Card Center" drop-down and select "Credit Card Rewards".

Bummer that Amazon isn't featured this Q4 as was usually the case... that 10% during the holidays was sweet!

afcu q4 2022.jpg

Yes double bummer! I got my card after the last Q4 10% off. I am excited about supermarkets being added back though.  It's wide reaching so it's still beneficial for the holidays.

It is a little odd they have a "wholesale" category but code Costco and Sam's as "groceries" I was kinda hoping we would get Amazon this quarter but it is hard to complain about the best gas and grocery card of 2022.

Message 21 of 93
craigm1
Established Member

Can anybody confirm that Costco is included this quarter and considered a Supermarket?

Message 22 of 93
calisig
Regular Contributor

It looks like the Hi 5 spend has a $3500 spend cap / quarter now. Has it always been that way?

13Oct22 Exp F8: 812
Message 23 of 93
unsungivy
Established Contributor

@calisig wrote:

It looks like the Hi 5 spend has a $3500 spend cap / quarter now. Has it always been that way?

Yes. Or at least, for awhile. People did the math after Q2 and realized that they only got extra up to that limit

SD - Biz -
Message 24 of 93
show_hell
Established Member

@craigm1 wrote:

Can anybody confirm that Costco is included this quarter and considered a Supermarket?

Yes, my in-warehouse purchase from 10/01/2022 was coded as Supermarket.

I got 5% on my Costco purchases during Q2 2022 too

Message 25 of 93
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

For visibility purposes - the last time supermarket was a bonus category, my meal prep delivery counted and received the 7% off.  This does not mean it will work for every company so you may have to be your own DP.

Message 26 of 93
mediocrebadguy
Established Member

That's right I forgot Q3 will technically be 7% too. That's also huge. Their "groceries" is usually broad enough to also cover superstores like Target and Walmart, so this will be my top card for 2022.

I've made two purchases so far this month -- one in a Walmart store and one at Walmart.com. The in-store purchase coded as "supermarket", but the online purchase coded as basic "cash purchase" for Affinity.

Message 27 of 93
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

@mediocrebadguy wrote:

That's right I forgot Q3 will technically be 7% too. That's also huge. Their "groceries" is usually broad enough to also cover superstores like Target and Walmart, so this will be my top card for 2022.

I've made two purchases so far this month -- one in a Walmart store and one at Walmart.com. The in-store purchase coded as "supermarket", but the online purchase coded as basic "cash purchase" for Affinity.

Correct I should have put an asterik by Walmart.  For in-store purchases I use Affinity, but if I were to make an online purchase I would use my Chase Freedom since Walmart is covered in Q4.

Message 28 of 93
MikeHunt1989

When does Affinity post the bonuses earned per quarter? When should we expect to see our Q3 spend?

Message 29 of 93
MechEngineer
Valued Member

@MikeHunt1989 wrote:

When does Affinity post the bonuses earned per quarter? When should we expect to see our Q3 spend?

Usually will post around halfway through the month after the quarter ends, last quarter's bonus was credited the 26th of July for me. 

Sock Drawer:

Message 30 of 93
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.