Did you mean: 

2022 Affinity FCU Cash Rewards - Q4 Hi5 Bonus Categories

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2022 Affinity FCU Cash Rewards - Q4 Hi5 Bonus Categories

@unsungivy wrote:

@calisig wrote:

It looks like the Hi 5 spend has a $3500 spend cap / quarter now. Has it always been that way?

Yes. Or at least, for awhile. People did the math after Q2 and realized that they only got extra up to that limit

Hi.  Just applied to this last week - can anyone confirm it's a $3500 limit per month or per quarter?

Is this only for the "Hi-5" categories to have a $3500 limit?

Sounds as if the regular 5% Amazon/Book stores are 5% and capped at $3500 per MONTH.  Not sure about Hi-5, but it's very confusing to have a bonus cap at $3500 per quarter and a regular 5% benefit have a monthly $3500 one.

Here's why I'm confused:

On this page it states the following https://www.affinityfcu.com/Credit-Cards/Cashback-Rewards-Visa-Signature.aspx

"Cardholders will earn 5% cash back (which is equivalent to 5 points for every $1 spent) on up to $3,500 per month in purchases made at Amazon and on all purchases made at bookstores, excluding gift cards."

Message 41 of 93
craigm1
Established Member

the $3500 on the high five is quarterly, on Amazon and bookstore I believe it's $3500 a month, I actually just got a second rewards card, on a quarter of groceries and gas, I was maxing out the high five now I have 2 cards, the original $37,500 limit and the second has a $25,000 limit.

crm'

Message 42 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you sir.

Message 43 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

@craigm1 wrote:

I was maxing out the high five now I have 2 cards, the original $37,500 limit and the second has a $25,000 limit.

crm'

Question - instead of doing a 2nd card - why not grab that sweet USAlliance Signature Visa?  While the 3% ends this Dec 31, the 6% in groceries is good until 12/31/2023.  I believe there is no cap either, but perhaps your high spend is on gas?

Message 44 of 93
craigm1
Established Member

I have the amex blue pref $6000 a year in groceries, also discover and a chase freedom and a chase freedom flex, the big thing with Affinity is the grocery category is good at costco and costco.com, I was usually maxing out the categories in 2 months with the last month putting the card in a desk drawer. 

Message 45 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

If Costco works...would Wal-Mart?  Wouldn't they both MCC code the same; supercenters?

Message 46 of 93
craigm1
Established Member

No only costco!

Message 47 of 93
unsungivy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If Costco works...would Wal-Mart?  Wouldn't they both MCC code the same; supercenters?

Costco is wholesale warehouse, Walmart and Target are discount supercenters (or some such). They have decided to include wholesale warehouse under groceries, but not discount supercenters. 

SD - Biz -
Message 48 of 93
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

All of my Walmart in-store purchases have coded under the groceries/supermarket category for me. 

Message 49 of 93
Who_wuda_thought
Frequent Contributor

@LawStudentCivilis 

@LawStudentCivilis wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

All of my Walmart in-store purchases have coded under the groceries/supermarket category for me. 

Are your Walmart in-store purchases made at Walmart Supercenters, Walmart Neighborhood Markets, or both?  If both, to confirm, you have experience with the Walmart Supercenters coding under the groceries/supermarket category?

Scores as of April 4, 2024:

Message 50 of 93
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.