22% to 9.9% with cap one

all from just calling the backdoor

thank you myfico

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
favre_2_free
New Contributor

Re: 22% to 9.9% with cap one

How did you get that done?  I'd really like to give that a whirl!

Amex Gold, Capital One VentureOne & Platium Cards, AAA BoA Signature Visa, Barclays Airtran & Frontier Airlines Cards, Paypal MC, Best Buy RewardZone Mastercard and Chase Speedway Mastercard....and I FINALLY Welcome to Discover...thank you and have a great day!!!!
EX: 667 (8/6 Amex App) - EQ 700 - TU 697
Message 2 of 4
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

I have a cap one platinum that has been open since 2000. Never had a late payment but I have hit the max ceiling CL at $2900

So I called today to see if I could get a venture card or something but a no go. He then without asking, offered the interest rate reduction which I thought was a nice treat.

too bad though I just paid off the card and dont plan on carrying a balance.

Plan to wait till 2012 and apply for a better card that has more flexibility as this has really been a rebuilders card for me.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called Cap 1 last week to see what my interest rate was, and I was surprised when they told me 21%!...I never realized it was this high because I usually PIF, however I asked if there was any way to lower this and she said no not permanently, but she did give me a promotion of 5% for 12 months on purchases, and then it will go back up to the previous amount..I was very thankful and accepted, however I still will be paying this in full, but nice to know she was willing to do something for me...has anyone else experienced temporary ones like this?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.