Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

25,000 new credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

25,000 new credit card

All I can say is: "it's about time" .

Thanks to MyFICO and the nice people on here.

On December 23rd I finally hit 702 with Equifax and 719 with TU after 6 years of being in the low to mid 600's. I believe to not to having a major credit card. Only a Chase Best Buy with $630.00 CL.

I went on line to my credit union APGFCU and filled out a request for a $25,000 Visa Pantinum, fully expecting to have them come back with another offer or reject it.

But to my surprise they called me asked me how long at job, double checked my income, how long at current address and double checked my mortgage payment and BAM they called back and approved it. They did make me send in a form with my current phone number on it before they would approve.

It still has not sunken in, I had to ask twice if approved for full amount.

From nothing to a $25,000 Platinum Visa with 7.89 percent fixed interest rate.

Still in shock and hope this takes me over the hump to better scores. 

Thanks people, I have arrived.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
okiesean
New Contributor

Re: 25,000 new credit card

Congratulations!!!

Thats an excellent limit and a very good apr also. Its hard to get a great rate and a high limit all at the same time. Hard work and patience pays off in the end.

Message 2 of 20
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

You have definitely arrived, zman! 

Congratulations on an outstanding new tradeline and huge limit!

It's gotta feel good, and it should.  You earned it! :smileyhappy:  

Message 3 of 20
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Congratulations zman...you are a great example of what patience and hard work can accomplish. It's often better to wait and apply for the cards and limits you want instead of applying for every card you think you might be able to get.

Great job!

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all,

You are right Lynette, Quality is better than quantity.

I will believe it when it gets here.

I am going to frame it. Smiley Happy

I am hoping this is what is holding my score down. Credit has been spotless since late 2003.

Message 5 of 20
okiesean
New Contributor

If you dont mind me asking what was your income level approx. and your mortgage payment? Was the mortgage and Best Buy card your only debts on your credit reports? How old is your mortgage and the Best Buy card? Thanks
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can tell you my

Best buy card is 12 years old

Mortgage 3 years old for around 260,000 but only 4.35% interest rate.

Debts also include a vehicle at 35,000 1 year old and a RV at 14,000 2 years old, which the Credit union has dibs on.

but they did tell me I am at a 39% I think she said and I was really pushing it. I also have about 19,800 a year coming in from rental property.

I have been with the credit union for 10 years.

I still have two (2) paid collection hospital bills on my credit report from 2003 which I have yet to HIPA them.

Hope this helps.

Message 7 of 20
bakalao2k
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I can tell you my

Best buy card is 12 years old

Mortgage 3 years old for around 260,000 but only 4.35% interest rate.

Debts also include a vehicle at 35,000 1 year old and a RV at 14,000 2 years old, which the Credit union has dibs on.

but they did tell me I am at a 39% I think she said and I was really pushing it. I also have about 19,800 a year coming in from rental property.

I have been with the credit union for 10 years.

I still have two (2) paid collection hospital bills on my credit report from 2003 which I have yet to HIPA them.

Hope this helps.

What kind of car you driving, baller?  Smiley Happy

TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

A nice pickem up truck to tow the RV.

I earned the right to drive something nice for a change. I would much rather not have the payment.  

Message 9 of 20
score_building
Senior Contributor

@LynetteM wrote:

Congratulations zman...you are a great example of what patience and hard work can accomplish. It's often better to wait and apply for the cards and limits you want instead of applying for every card you think you might be able to get.

Great job!

+ 1000

Super Congrats!!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.