Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

25,000 new credit card

tag
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: 25,000 new credit card

Sweet limit with a int rate I certainly envy!!   Congrats!!!!!!  Smiley Very Happy
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 11 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Gotta love CU's! Congrats on all the nice work, and especially on the nice reward!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 20
DI
Super Contributor

Congrats!
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS! ZMAN......KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK...I MUST SAY IM ALSON STUCK IN MY 600's....right now it's like a seesaw..
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was stuck in 690 world for one whole year.

I just realized with today's credit crunch and mayhem, to get a 25,000 credit card with a 702 Equifax (they only pulled equifax by the way) is nothing less than a miracle.

But the interest rate is not what they stated, the letter telling me the card is on the way says 12.49% fixed. Oh well.

Now, do I charge the heck out of it each month to get the 1 point for every dollar spent and then pay it off when the bill comes in?

They gave me 3,500 points for getting the card.

Thanks again all.

Message 15 of 20
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Simple answer is, if you've got the cash, put everything on the card.  Then pay the card with the cash before the statement cuts.
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super Congrats! 

I went with NFCU who gave me $25k CL and I use it for everything.  Mine is a cash reward card and I get 1.5% back on all purchases and have made quite a bit back this year.

CU's are by far the best, IMO.  They are more stable, less prone to sporadic changes in terms, credit criteria and random AA.  The rates usually are better too.

My Cash Reward card is 9.65 and the non-reward is 7.9%....so it sounds like your CU is pretty comparable.

If you still haved fixed rate, don't be surprised if you get a notice of changing to Variable in the next short time...even the CU's are going that route do to the "unknown" factors about the future of prime rate and now being limited on when and how they can raise rates on existing balances.

Message Edited by txjohn on 12-29-2009 03:59 PM
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will differ from all  the congrats.  I don't know why you will be so happy about getting more credit when you still have so much debt.  I will congrat you on pulling your score back into the 700s.  A true congrat is when you have no debt and that is something truly worth celebrating.
Message 18 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

kingkong68 wrote:

I will differ from all  the congrats.  I don't know why you will be so happy about getting more credit when you still have so much debt.  I will congrat you on pulling your score back into the 700s.  A true congrat is when you have no debt and that is something truly worth celebrating.

A mortgage and 2 vehicle loans represents a different kind of debt than revolving debt, which is the killer for many. Granted, we all work to get the mortgages and vehicles paid off, but zman has controlled his CC debt, which is the first step toward being financially free of lenders.

By getting a high-CL CC with rewards, he can use it for daily expenses, pay it off monthly so that he has no revolving debt, and get some rewards back.

Please be friendly, supportive and respectful.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 19 of 20
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

kingkong68 wrote: 
A true congrat is when you have no debt

That is going to have to wait until my daughter is safely married and I retire!!

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.