cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Cards now what. Still not where I want to be.

tag
Richierichdollar
New Contributor

3 Cards now what. Still not where I want to be.

Ok. I have had my capital one secured  card for 1yr now officially, I have gotten the Capital one cash rewards card back in the beginning of March (approved in lat Feb tho). I got approved for the Discover IT card $1700. But my Eq score is not what I think it should be 639 with nothing bad reporting on it. Not saying that I have not had  anything  bad on it that has not fallen off. I never really owed much money to anyone just $200-$300 dollars here and there spread over about 2-3 companys dont know the name of them now cause I paid off and forgot about them. Most dont show up execpt for 1 for $226. but it is paid. I must admit that I never really checked my scores to begin with because I had applied for cards and never got them before my secured card. So i figured I will just start and not worry about numbers. Now I have gotten these three cards but how can I boost my credit score more. I have been working a year and dont see any major  results what my credit should be. Dont get me wrong this site has been very help for and if it were not for this site I dont think I would be 1/4 of where I am at now. I have $3950 in credit on 3 cards $750 of it is secured last year this time I had no credit at all so thank you. I think that eq is wrong as it was the same number ck gave me 1 month ago and since then I have seen it go to 670. what should I do to boost my score more.  I have some money for a secured loan should I do that and set up an account just to have it auto pay the loan.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: 3 Cards now what. Still not where I want to be.

patience..patience..patience
with 3 cards try to pay the bill before statement cut on 2 cards (0 balance reporting) and let 1 card report <9% balance. do not. let all report with 0 balance..this is contra productive for Fico. try it for several months and check the results. sorry it will not happen overnight Smiley Happy
good luck!
Message 2 of 5
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

The best advice I can give you is to:
Dispute those baddies; it is the companies' legal obligation to verify the debts

Also:
Pay on time for six months
Keep util <10%
Limit inquiries
Ask Discover for a cli in 6 statements

This should get you to 700 in 6 mos to a year.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 5
Richierichdollar
New Contributor

I pif every month that is why i got the discover cause the guy seen that and said he like it. I will just wait and do what I been doing and see what else it brings me I cant lie the past year as gone by fast and has been good as far as cc and ccl.

Message 4 of 5
power123
New Visitor

Young thats the best advice to date

As always good to have you around brother

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.