Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 New Cards for Poor/Fair/Good Credit

tag
draychi
Valued Member

3 New Cards for Poor/Fair/Good Credit

** Sharing just from my experience, and to hopefully help others. Please don't run out and apply for these just becuase you didn't know about them **

So I haven't seen these cards mentioned too much yet.They're fairly new and decent for rebuilds, thin files or increasing available credit - especially if you're stuck in that 590-640 range. Below is my situation and insights on these cards.

I've been rebulding for 6-8 months. 620-660 FICO's (up from low 500). 9 collections paid/removed. 9+ new cards in the last 8-10 months.

These cards do seem to look at income and other factors aside from scores/reports. I'm assuming my approvals came from a $64k/yr income, but hopefully this will help some of you in the same situation. My DTI is 8-10%. These might be easy cards to grab to help some of you guys.

1. Jasper Mastercard - https://www.jaspercard.com

- WebBank card

- TU HP

15.49% - 24.99% (Variable)

- Plaid to snoop on your bank info, but they weigh your finances into the decision

- You can get up to 6% CB by referring friends

- Approved for $1k

- No AF

- No pre-approval (can't remember where I got the info on this card, but I pulled the trigger with a 610 TU)

2. OppFi Mastercard - https://www.oppficard.com

- This was a SOFT PULL

- Starter/building card

- 35.99% APR

- $99 Annual Fee

- Can setup auto payments

- Joined the waitlist and got an invite a week later or so (as of 8/19/21)

- Created by OppLoans (I've used them in the past for installments...shhh lol). Opportunity Financial, LLC

3. Petal 1 Card - https://www.petalcard.com

- Another WebBank card

- HP on Experian

- 29.49% APR

- No AF

- $500 SL

- Auto CLI after 6 payments

- Free Experian CS tracking

** Edit 8/28/21 - Denied for some reason, they said I don't have income? lol. Took them 3 weeks to go over my app, odd **

4. Tomo Credit Card - https://tomocredit.com

- I applied over a week ago and it's still in review. (as of 8/19/21)

- No credit pull. They seem to be based on income and outgoing bills/debt. Plaid I think... can't remember the process.

- No fee's or APR (intro? not sure/lack of info)

- Issued by Community Federal Savings Bank

Rebuild start: Late 2020 (Low 500's).
- Settled & Removed 9 collections
- 680-700 (03/2022)
- 5.5 year old Chase repo I need to settle

PenFed Power Cash $3.5k | Amex Plat NPSL | Discover IT $2k | Citi $200 | WF Active Cash $300 | FirstPremier $1200 | FirstNational, FirstSavings $850 each | Cap1 Plat $700 | Avant $300 | Surge $1k | Kohls $300 | CreditOne $600 & $1.2k | Jasper MC $1k | Petal1 $500 | OppFi $1k | Prosper $500 | MissionLane $500
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Re: 3 New Cards for Poor/Fair/Good Credit

Thanks for the list.

I would like to add that jasper and petal require you to be 2 years post bk, at least thats what they told me.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 2 of 10
MileHigh96
Frequent Contributor

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

Thanks for the list.

I would like to add that jasper and petal require you to be 2 years post bk, at least thats what they told me.

Not sure why they said that because I am just 6 weeks post BK7 and I applied last week (Jasper) and was approved this morning.  Their approval process does seem to take a bit of time and they held up my application until I could send them a paystub for proof of income, but the day after I sent that, they approved me for a $2,000 CL.

I found them as a recommendation from my ExtraCredit monitoring account.

BK7 discharged - 06JUL2021
Loans:

Revolving Accounts (in the order they were opened):

Closed accounts:
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jasper asks you to link your bank account. That sounds fishy.  🐠

Message 4 of 10
justjac2
Regular Contributor

I have the Jasper (June 2020) and Petal 2 (Nov 2018). Both linked to a bank account thru Plaid, and I've had NO issues with either one. I was invited to a one-on-one Zoom call with someone at Jasper after they rolled out their 6% rewards structure, so they do exist and it's not a scam.

FICO 8 scores Nov/Jan 2021: EQ 779/751, TU 750/770, EX 763/746 Fully recovered from 5-year Ch13 discharged July 2018.
Last recorded: FNBO Evergreen and PSECU Founder's Card Dec 2021. Seriously out of date, at least 10 more since then.
Message 5 of 10
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@MileHigh96 wrote:

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

Thanks for the list.

Not sure why they said that because I am just 6 weeks post BK7 and I applied last week (Jasper) and was approved this morning.  Their approval process does seem to take a bit of time and they held up my application until I could send them a paystub for proof of income, but the day after I sent that, they approved me for a $2,000 CL.\

This was about a year and a half ago and they sent me a letter in writing that the main reason for denial was a bk7 less that 2 years old. to tell you the truth i dont want their card now, i'm getting better cards but i did have to accept some sub primers to move up the ladder. maybe they changed the criteria since i applied back then or maybe its the type of bk, is your bk 7  or 13?

anyway congrats and enjoy the card, good luck

I found them as a recommendation from my ExtraCredit monitoring account.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 6 of 10
draychi
Valued Member

These Fintech cards are a new wave of credit. They tend to checkout your banking and finances more than a credit score; this can be beneficial to a lot of people to get easy credit or rebuild. Most of these cards are backed by large CU's and smaller banks.

Rebuild start: Late 2020 (Low 500's).
- Settled & Removed 9 collections
- 680-700 (03/2022)
- 5.5 year old Chase repo I need to settle

PenFed Power Cash $3.5k | Amex Plat NPSL | Discover IT $2k | Citi $200 | WF Active Cash $300 | FirstPremier $1200 | FirstNational, FirstSavings $850 each | Cap1 Plat $700 | Avant $300 | Surge $1k | Kohls $300 | CreditOne $600 & $1.2k | Jasper MC $1k | Petal1 $500 | OppFi $1k | Prosper $500 | MissionLane $500
Message 7 of 10
b0yinterrupted
Valued Member

@draychi wrote:

** Sharing just from my experience, and to hopefully help others. Please don't run out and apply for these just becuase you didn't know about them **

So I haven't seen these cards mentioned too much yet.They're fairly new and decent for rebuilds, thin files or increasing available credit - especially if you're stuck in that 590-640 range. Below is my situation and insights on these cards.

I've been rebulding for 6-8 months. 620-660 FICO's (up from low 500). 9 collections paid/removed. 9+ new cards in the last 8-10 months.

These cards do seem to look at income and other factors aside from scores/reports. I'm assuming my approvals came from a $64k/yr income, but hopefully this will help some of you in the same situation. My DTI is 8-10%. These might be easy cards to grab to help some of you guys.

1. Jasper Mastercard - https://www.jaspercard.com

- WebBank card

- TU HP

15.49% - 24.99% (Variable)

- Plaid to snoop on your bank info, but they weigh your finances into the decision

- You can get up to 6% CB by referring friends

- Approved for $1k

- No AF

- No pre-approval (can't remember where I got the info on this card, but I pulled the trigger with a 610 TU)

2. OppFi Mastercard - https://www.oppficard.com

- This was a SOFT PULL

- Starter/building card

- 35.99% APR

- $99 Annual Fee

- Joined the waitlist and got an invite a week later or so (as of 8/19/21)

- Created by OppLoans (I've used them in the past for installments...shhh lol). Opportunity Financial, LLC

3. Petal 1 Card - https://www.petalcard.com

- Another WebBank card

- HP on Experian

- 29.49% APR

- No AF

- $500 SL

- Auto CLI after 6 payments

- Free Experian CS tracking

** Edit 8/28/21 - Denied for some reason, they said I don't have income? lol. Took them 3 weeks to go over my app, odd **

4. Tomo Credit Card - https://tomocredit.com

- I applied over a week ago and it's still in review. (as of 8/19/21)

- No credit pull. They seem to be based on income and outgoing bills/debt. Plaid I think... can't remember the process.

- No fee's or APR (intro? not sure/lack of info)

- Issued by Community Federal Savings Bank

There's another one I came across called Sable Card  https://sablecard.com  Unfortunately my bank would not connect or transfer money to their bank so I immediately closed the account. They still sent me the card. I called they said the account was closed and 2 months later  they added the closed account to my Equifax report. Kinda miffed, asked them to delete it because it's not my fault my bank won't let me connect to them. They're looking into it.

Message 8 of 10
rchvmz
Frequent Contributor

JASPER CARD

I can't seem to find any DP on this JASPER card---Its backed by web bank----Pulls TU and uses plaid to connect to bank acct---any one ahve any info or threads about SL-------scores, and BK friendly or not

Message 9 of 10
Drifter73
Frequent Contributor

Re: JASPER CARD

@rchvmz wrote:

I can't seem to find any DP on this JASPER card---Its backed by web bank----Pulls TU and uses plaid to connect to bank acct---any one ahve any info or threads about SL-------scores, and BK friendly or not

I can't speak for Jasper. However I have x2 web bank cards, one of which also uses plaid.

Jasper, Petal, and oportun are rebuilding and starter cards. I would imagine the Jasper will also have a $500 sl like Petal and oportun for income under $3000 mo.

Once you use plaid, it could give you a higher starting limit if you exceed $3000 per mo. Income. (I'm at $2800)

Petal has auto cli every 6 months and oportun actually did an auto cli after 2 months for me.

That's my experience with web Bank cards anyways, but not Jasper specifically.

Note: Petal with plaid was a sp and oportun was a hp on tu. 

Furthermore, Petal shows on all three tu, eq, ex and oportun only shows on tu and ex.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.