cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Synchrony Cards. Would I be able to transfer the limits to just one Synch card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 Synchrony Cards. Would I be able to transfer the limits to just one Synch card?

I'm an idiot. I applied for Walmart, Amazon and PayPal Extras.

Would I be able to close Walmart and Amazon and transfer the credit line to my PayPal Extras?

Would it be bad to close them? It's only a month new with all three. So far only charged the prime card for Amazon Prime but I don't think I'll use it for anything else.

I want to keep the PayPal cause it's $2500. Walmart is $700 and Amazon is $750.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: 3 Synchrony Cards. Would I be able to transfer the limits to just one Synch card?

No you cant transfer limits with Synchrony. Wally and Amazon will grow huge . Any reason you want to close them?
Message 2 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: 3 Synchrony Cards. Would I be able to transfer the limits to just one Synch card?

First, you cannot combine limits as @AverageJoesCredit said, and you're not an idiot. The forums gets the best of us sometimes, and we go on app spree's and get cards we really don't want or need just to see if we can get them. Im the queen of app spree's , LOL...

Secondly, Walmart and Amazon will grow quickly, and surpass your PP limit by a lot. I would just keep them, at least for 6 months, 1 yr would be better, and grow the limits via credit solutions ( # in the backdoor threads). Within 60-90 days I can bet you that those limits will be at least that of your PP limit if not more. I would try for a CLI on Black Friday or shortly afterwards...good luck!

Message 3 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

True dat Pizza! The only Idiot here is the Random one lolSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies. I just feel like I have too many cards. Overwhelmed. I guess I'll just keep them open. I'm not worried about the limits just want to have less cards in my wallet or drawer.

I won't be spreeing. I feel like my two Cap1, chase and citi cards will grow. The only cards I really want is a discover and Amex card. I should've waited.

Learned my lesson.
Message 5 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

You could just make a DR video with those CCs you don't want.  Some of them have been very funny.  Just don't forget to check the balances each month as unused cards can also be targets of ID theft.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 6 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hey, if at anytime you feel overwhelmed by your cards, which can happen and isnt a great feeling to have, do whats right for your state of mind. If closing cards you just opened would help your mental state , dont hesitate to close them . Your mental health is your first priority. I have hit that plateau myself and have started a thread on my new journey to reduce my cards to just make it easier. Each of us have different needs or wants and we can all advise one way or the other but dont let us or anyone make you feel you need to keep something open because itll grow or whatever. Ive made some poor app choices we all have just reevaluate how you want to spend your money and what cards you want to use to maximize that spend.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.