Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Visa 1 Discover no Amex

tag
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

3 Visa 1 Discover no Amex

no Mastercard does that matter?

maybe I"m just noticing that in my search for new cards i should've considered the brand although

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: 3 Visa 1 Discover no Amex

@mikey78 wrote:

maybe I"m just noticing that in my search for new cards i should've considered the brand although

Doesn't matter but it's always nice to have all networks covered

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 14
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

so it's not important right?? it's more like cosmetic work ??

it's kinda like my perference not to carry more then 5 credit cards and i'm saving my last slot for possibly amex

And if I do decide to get a master card i'm thinking of getting the NY Giants NFL point card kinda comtemplating right now

Message 3 of 14
SSA_2013
Frequent Contributor

If you plan on applying for a MasterCard...I would go ahead and do it now (part of me is saying this because I like the NY Giants Smiley LOL). Let the accounts age together and head into the Garden. 

Message 4 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

@mikey78 wrote:

Doesn't matter but it's always nice to have all networks covered

+1

This is something you can always obtain down the road, but it's a matter of preference as well.

Message 5 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@mikey78 wrote:

so it's not important right?? it's more like cosmetic work ??

it's kinda like my perference not to carry more then 5 credit cards and i'm saving my last slot for possibly amex

And if I do decide to get a master card i'm thinking of getting the NY Giants NFL point card kinda comtemplating right now

So you have a plan..... I didn't have a visa for awhile by choice then I added one just to cover all networks  now I have at least 1 of each YMMV 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 6 of 14
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

Yes I guess you can say I have a plan, I canceled cards with annual fee's that weren't willing to budge and remove them and/or give me CLI
even though those cards where opened between 2007 ~ 2010, Oldest card I've closed bofa cc 500 cl and af of 39.00 (I tried to convert this one but they said they couldn't after the fact that I closed it and they said i could convert the history and limit on it and requested to speak with supervisor and the supervisor said the same thing I was giving wrong information and increased my limit to 5000)

I guess I'll wait for the capital one CLI outcome being handled by EO if they will increase my CLI EO said I'm also eligable for for c.c upgrade but let's worry about the CLI first and will get back to me once they finish review my dispute)

Message 7 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@mikey78 wrote:

Yes I guess you can say I have a plan, I canceled cards with annual fee's that weren't willing to budge and remove them and/or give me CLI
even though those cards where opened between 2007 ~ 2010, Oldest card I've closed bofa cc 500 cl and af of 39.00 (I tried to convert this one but they said they couldn't after the fact that I closed it and they said i could convert the history and limit on it and requested to speak with supervisor and the supervisor said the same thing I was giving wrong information and increased my limit to 5000)

I guess I'll wait for the capital one CLI outcome being handled by EO if they will increase my CLI EO said I'm also eligable for for c.c upgrade but let's worry about the CLI first and will get back to me once they finish review my dispute)

Sounds perfect to me and then fill that spot in your wallet with Amex 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 8 of 14
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

I guess I'll sacrafice the MC hehe Smiley Happy

can you tell me what "in the garden" or "gardening" means??

If I say something like I'm going to garden my cards until 2014, Does this mean I have a balance and it's going to be in my closet drawer until I pay off my balance?
or is it the other way I have 0 Balance and not use it until 2014??

I'm new to the Forum and is Aaoaa = Average Age of All Accounts??

thanks I really appreciate the help

Message 9 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@mikey78 wrote:

I guess I'll sacrafice the MC hehe Smiley Happy

can you tell me what "in the garden" or "gardening" means??

If I say something like I'm going to garden my cards until 2014, Does this mean I have a balance and it's going to be in my closet drawer until I pay off my balance?
or is it the other way I have 0 Balance and not use it until 2014??

I'm new to the Forum and is Aaoaa = Average Age of All Accounts??

thanks I really appreciate the help

Garden= I will not apply for any new credit for X amount of time while I let the cards I have age, increase my AAoA, age INQ's 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.