Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Visa 1 Discover no Amex

tag
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

Re: 3 Visa 1 Discover no Amex

Sorry I stand Corrected My Capital One Platinum is currently a Mastercard
but I'm going to assume that if they approve me for the CLI and EO lady told me i'm eligable for upgrade  for a new credit card with cash back rewards 1.5% I'm assuming that my Credit Card will be converted to QuickSilver visa? because I see their list of CC's Visa Quicksilver is no AF and MC Quicksilver is 39.00 AF

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 11 of 14
enharu
Super Contributor

Visa is pretty much the same thing as Mastercard in the US. Places that accept visa usually accept Mastercard as well, and vice versa.

The distinction is a lot more obvious overseas. There are places that favor 1 payment network a lot more than the others. Mastercard has a bigger foothold in certain parts of Asia and Europe.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 12 of 14
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

@enharu wrote:

Visa is pretty much the same thing as Mastercard in the US. Places that accept visa usually accept Mastercard as well, and vice versa.

The distinction is a lot more obvious overseas. There are places that favor 1 payment network a lot more than the others. Mastercard has a bigger foothold in certain parts of Asia and Europe.

I actually just applied for a MC from BofA better rewards but instant decision is not provided at this time
i just posted a new message about this sigh i jus hope i don't miss their call

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 13 of 14
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@mikey78 wrote:

no Mastercard does that matter?

That's for you to answer.  It doesn't matter for your credit rating if that's what you're asking.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.