Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 credit apps in 1 day, wish me luck!

tag
Scene
Regular Contributor

3 credit apps in 1 day, wish me luck!

BoA Student Platinum Plus (status: instant approved @ $7000); pulled experian

Chase BP gas card (status: 7-10 day notice); automated response didn't provide any details as to which bureau they pull

Citi Forward (status: 7-10 day notice); said they would pull experian, too

My overall (not including AU accounts) AoAA SHOULD be more than 1 year and my payment history is PERFECT (no bads, lates, bks, pr, liens). No point in pulling a credit score since it is likely skewed by the AU accounts.

Should I even bother giving the chase and citi backdoor numbers a call to try and expedite my applications? I called the "app check" for citi and the "automated response" number for chase and I wasn't quite sure if I was getting directed to CSRs or people that actually look at the applications (analysts).

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: 3 credit apps in 1 day, wish me luck!

$7,000 for a student card?

Do you mean $700?

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 2 of 23
john398
Senior Contributor

I too am amazed a student card for 7k, is that correct?

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

A friend of mine got 5k on his Citi Forward for Students a few months ago.  So I'd believe it.

Message 4 of 23
Scene
Regular Contributor

$7,000 CL is correct. I couldn't believe it either! I called up the instant decision number after I applied and the credit analyst I spoke with set me up with a $7,000 CL surprisingly. hehe that is alot of yogurt!

Message 5 of 23
smc733
Valued Contributor

@Scene wrote:

$7,000 CL is correct. I couldn't believe it either! I called up the instant decision number after I applied and the credit analyst I spoke with set me up with a $7,000 CL surprisingly. hehe that is alot of yogurt!

Well, that's pretty awesome, congratulations!  You should definitely look into a product change to something like the BankAmericard Cash Rewards now that your foot is in the door.  They do product changes with no fight, and you can get a lower APR wih a non-student card, in addition to the rewards.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 6 of 23
Scene
Regular Contributor

rewards and APR were never really nothing to get excited over for me since I pay in full and I find rewards to be too small. I just want to build a solid credit report since I will most likely need their services in the future.

Message 7 of 23
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats on BOA. Most likely you'll get citi with $4k CL which is normal for citi starter cards. Chase could be iffy. When we applied for my Daughter they wanted financials like pay check, tax returns and other things.

Message 8 of 23
Scene
Regular Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

Congrats on BOA. Most likely you'll get citi with $4k CL which is normal for citi starter cards. Chase could be iffy. When we applied for my Daughter they wanted financials like pay check, tax returns and other things.

meh they already have most of that information anyways since I bank with them.

Message 9 of 23
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Interesting on the BoA card...I just got the same one and the rep told me $2500 was the max CL for that card. 

Photobucket
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.