cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 credit apps in 1 day, wish me luck!

tag
Scene
Regular Contributor

Re: 3 credit apps in 1 day, wish me luck!

After a lustrious night of boozing, girls, and partying only to end the night due to early obligations tomorrow, I come home to open my email through Outlook 2010 to see a devastating email from "Citi Cards" stating that my application was denied due to my "outstanding credit lines being too high when compared to my stated income." I am going to call up the Citi credit deptartment tomorrow to dispute this outlandish claim. In my report, I only have two cards under my name a lousy $450 limit card and a charge card. I am going to assume they are INCLUDING the cards in which I am AU'd (6 cards). If that is the case then they are right since those cards have sky high limits nearing 75-150k revolving. My income is only 5,000 but my overall worth is way more than that!

any suggestions when I call up the credit department?

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scene wrote:

@Anonymous Student Platinum Plus (status: instant approved @ $7000); pulled experian

Chase BP gas card (status: 7-10 day notice); automated response didn't provide any details as to which bureau they pull

Citi Forward (status: 7-10 day notice); said they would pull experian, too

My overall (not including AU accounts) AoAA SHOULD be more than 1 year and my payment history is PERFECT (no bads, lates, bks, pr, liens). No point in pulling a credit score since it is likely skewed by the AU accounts.

Should I even bother giving the chase and citi backdoor numbers a call to try and expedite my applications? I called the "app check" for citi and the "automated response" number for chase and I wasn't quite sure if I was getting directed to CSRs or people that actually look at the applications (analysts).

Wow that's a nice starting limit! Congrats! Would you mind sharing the state you reside in and your scores if you know them yet.

Message 12 of 23
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

Perhaps you have reached the point where the AU cards actually damage you...

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 13 of 23
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Scene wrote:

After a lustrious night of boozing, girls, and partying only to end the night due to early obligations tomorrow, I come home to open my email through Outlook 2010 to see a devastating email from "Citi Cards" stating that my application was denied due to my "outstanding credit lines being too high when compared to my stated income." I am going to call up the Citi credit deptartment tomorrow to dispute this outlandish claim. In my report, I only have two cards under my name a lousy $450 limit card and a charge card. I am going to assume they are INCLUDING the cards in which I am AU'd (6 cards). If that is the case then they are right since those cards have sky high limits nearing 75-150k revolving. My income is only 5,000 but my overall worth is way more than that!

Oh, you're back.

Perhaps you should borrow the private jet again and go visit them in person?

Smiley Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 23
john398
Senior Contributor

@Scene wrote:

Wooo there if your incoime is only 5,000 I can noyt see you getting a card moe than say $500 personally unless you have aa lot in savings.....but thats just a thought

Message 15 of 23
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Scene wrote:

Oh, you're back.

Perhaps you should borrow the private jet again and go visit them in person?

Smiley Happy

Smiley Very Happy It is him! The same one who bought a Ferrari or whatever on mom and dad's AMEX. 

Photobucket
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scene wrote:

Sounds like you are living the high life! What's your secret? Smiley Tongue

Message 17 of 23
Scene
Regular Contributor

My gulfstream g650 (not leased by the way) is being loaned out to a buddy of mine to fly his family out to Hawaii for the week Smiley Very Happy.

Message 18 of 23
pastnow123
Regular Contributor

Congrats for BOA student while sorry to hear about Citi Forward. Definitely give them a call for a recon. May i know your credit scores? 

Message 19 of 23
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

Hello Scene! Thank you for gracing us with your presence. I'm happy to hear about your approvals and am deeply saddened about the tragic news regarding the Citi decision! Quite astonishing I'm nearly ridden with shock that they would deny someone of your stature and family history. If you are short a craft, please PM me and I'm certain I can set you up with a comercial bird. Cheers!

Sincerely,

Mr. Boeing

Starting: EQ: 490 TU: ??? EX: ???
Current: EQ: 717 TU: 757 EX: 736 (lender)
Goal: 800+
=============
Amex: Zync, Gold Delta
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.