Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 of 4.HECK YEA!

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

3 of 4.HECK YEA!

Ok so I've been app'ing a lot this last month...results as followed...question...WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET CITI???! I want that dang forward card for the rewards! What do I need to do to get this app approved? I've already tried a RECON. It was a no go due to too many inquires from 2011 auto loan apps (I have no clue why its not classified as one b/c I was rate shopping). Should I try RECON again? Or just wait the 90 days or so to reapply??

Citi Forward*Denied 
GE Amazon*Approved. $1k CL
Discover More*Approved. $1.5k CL
Discover Walmart*Approved. $1k CL
As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: 3 of 4.HECK YEA!

Grats. What's your scores/report like? How old are those auto inquiries?

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 11
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
Grats. What's your scores/report like? How old are those auto inquiries?

700ish. 20+ inquires now. Most of them were from mid 2011 when the dealership was trying to shop my auto loan around....at least 12 are from them doing that. The rest are my own.

Message 3 of 11
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

Ok so I've been app'ing a lot this last month...results as followed...question...WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET CITI???! I want that dang forward card for the rewards! What do I need to do to get this app approved? I've already tried a RECON. It was a no go due to too many inquires from 2011 auto loan apps (I have no clue why its not classified as one b/c I was rate shopping). Should I try RECON again? Or just wait the 90 days or so to reapply??

Citi Forward*Denied 

citi is a prime lender. You have 2 GE cards, which are great for CLIs and to build history. Definitely call after your 4th stmt cuts for CLIs.

You need to build more positive history before you can get citi. They appear to be a little harder than say chase freedom or Barclays. They want to see at least 2 TLreporting for over a year, which you just barely have with your Macy's card. I'd let your new CCs age for 6-12 mos. You have a lot of inq, even without the auto loan. That will give those time to age as well. Then app again for citi. Alsoafter a year of CLIs with GE, your cr will have some nice, healthy CLs for them to see and match.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 11
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

I apped for the student card. You could follow me and see if I get approved, and if your eligible maybe you could try your luck with that. I've been waiting nearly two months, sending in documents to prove my identity and my enrollment in school. Hopefully, since they're making me do all this run aroud Ill get approved. Sorry to hear about your denial though, at least you got some good cards from your app spree. I'm stuck with my first cc by Crap One....

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 5 of 11
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

Citi Forward*Denied 

citi is a prime lender. You have 2 GE cards, which are great for CLIs and to build history. Definitely call after your 4th stmt cuts for CLIs.

You need to build more positive history before you can get citi. They appear to be a little harder than say chase freedom or Barclays. They want to see at least 2 TLreporting for over a year, which you just barely have with your Macy's card. I'd let your new CCs age for 6-12 mos. You have a lot of inq, even without the auto loan. That will give those time to age as well. Then app again for citi. Alsoafter a year of CLIs with GE, your cr will have some nice, healthy CLs for them to see and match.

Thanks. I'll wait it out and apply again.

Message 6 of 11
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@WarJar101 wrote:

I apped for the student card. You could follow me and see if I get approved, and if your eligible maybe you could try your luck with that. I've been waiting nearly two months, sending in documents to prove my identity and my enrollment in school. Hopefully, since they're making me do all this run aroud Ill get approved. Sorry to hear about your denial though, at least you got some good cards from your app spree. I'm stuck with my first cc by Crap One....

Let us know how that goess!

Message 7 of 11
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Congrats on the 3/4

I got denied yesterday for the forward card as well. But...I did apply for the Shell gas card they have and got an instant approval! I really needed a gas card and I feel like it got my foot in the door with them. I called to recon the forward card and the girl told me that I had too many new accounts and to pay on those and call back in 3 months. Maybe that is an option for you as well?  Smiley Happy

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 8 of 11
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 9 of 11
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

I got approved sometime last night apparently for a  $1,500 CL!!!! Not bad for a student VISA card right!!!! Apply for the student cards and see if you get approved! It may take you about two months as it did for me, but it's worth it! I refuse to get a secured card.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.