cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 year credit history for Capital One Venture?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 year credit history for Capital One Venture?

It looks like Capital One Venture's definition of 'excellent' credit to qualify for the Venture includes '3 years of history with a CC that has a CL of 5K or more'.

If that's the case, I will not have a shot at this card for a while!

Has anyone been successful getting this card with shorter credit history?

5 REPLIES 5
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: 3 year credit history for Capital One Venture?

That's an interesting tidbit. Where did you find that?

Message 2 of 6
Civil
Regular Contributor

YES! I got Cap 1 QS1 in February of this year in my rebuilding process with scores around 600 even with $500 CL. I used the card a lot and once my 5th statement hit Cap 1 increased my limit to $3500 CL. On the 6th month I PC the card and was offered a QS and a venture 1 so I went for the venture 1 and now they have updated their product for venture cards, I thought I made a mistake that I PC for venture but now I don't regret it one bit.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeavenOhio wrote:

That's an interesting tidbit. Where did you find that?

I just checked the Capital One upgrade link and I'm eligible to upgrade my QS to a Venture card.

The Venture application page states that Excellent credit is required.  Then when you click the hyperlink for the explanation of the credit levels the expanded definition of "Excellent" shows up.

composite.png

Message 4 of 6
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Thanks for finding that, @Anonymous. Smiley Happy I don't recall seeing that language before.

Message 5 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Thanks for finding that, @Anonymous. Smiley Happy I don't recall seeing that language before.

Oh, it's been there for ages.   I remember commenting a long while ago that many other issuers may not consider having a recent 60 day late "excellent credit"

ETA: In fact message 5 in https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/How-come-Cap1-denied-my-app-for-Venture/td-p/4372709 from 2015.....

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.