Anonymous
Not applicable

30,000 Points and Companion Pass for 2019

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Raiderguy8
New Contributor

Re: 30,000 Points and Companion Pass for 2019

Outstanding deal.  The companion pass is an excellent addition to the bonus.  Has me seriously considering it.

Message 2 of 9
ohjoy
Frequent Contributor

Saw this earlier and got excited until, oh yeah.  Chase's 5/24. I'm out. Smiley Sad

Starting Score (May 2017): 584 TU
Current Scores: 752 TU, 717 EQ, 750 EX

Goal Score: 820+

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep in mind though that unfortunately it is only through the end of the year and you have 3 months to go before you will qualify for the pass and it's not issued right away. 

I am currently on a CP now, we finished the required spend on Jan 1 of last year (so it would carry through two full years), and it did not arrive until I want to say sometime in very late January.  There is also an annual fee on all three that is not waived.  And fun fact, since there are no assigned seats on Southwest, you and your companion may very well not sit near each other at all.    The one who holds the cards is bumped up to A-list and unless you want to pony up the fee to get priority boarding for the companion, they'll end up in another letter group.

The real perk was going to be able to take Southwest to Hawaii, but I'm not even sure that would be worth it now either.

I was very excited to get mine, but now not so much and don't plan on even using it until the spring.  

Message 4 of 9
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

If WN launches the Hawaii route in 2019. Don’t expect to be able to use the companion pass on that route. I have this feeling that there will be restrictions on these Promotional companion passes.

If you look closely at the terms and conditions. They consider these new companion passes different then the regular ones.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My son got approved for the card about 5 days prior to the launch of this promo...what a bummer!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

got too many sub to complete at the moment. Also I almost never fly LUV. Maybe another time.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course I’m like 14/24 haha. I won’t be under 5/24 till like summer of next year.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What offer did he get? The 50,000 points (or 60K if you find it) is a better promo when paired with a different offer.

@Anonymous wrote:
My son got approved for the card about 5 days prior to the launch of this promo...what a bummer!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.