cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$300 credit limit with 750+ credit score. What to do or when should I ask to raise it?

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: $300 credit limit with 750+ credit score. What to do or when should I ask to raise it?

+1@ laugh.

haha knew someone would be in opposition to my hhi inclusion.

that is why I suggested the poster ASK his parent(s) if they'd be okay with such an inclusion.

:-)

Freedom is a great card!

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 31 of 34
dndandrea
Established Member

Soo..... I applied for the Chase Freedom card yesterday....

Soo..... I applied for the Chase Freedom card yesterday. I just called the phone number for the automated status and it said I was approved for $1000 limit! Sounds great, nothing really to complain about! Any chance they'll increase my credit limit if I call the backdoor number or would that be considered greedy at my level? Or if anything should I call in a year and have it increased? Thanks a lot for all the advice.

BTW: I noticed fifth third charges a fee for having an inactive credit card. Instead of worrying about two credit cards at my age I might just get cancel it.

Now I just need to learn how to set this account up with my primary checking account at a different bank and figure out how/when to pay.

Message 32 of 34
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Re: $300 credit limit with 750+ credit score. What to do or when should I ask to raise it?

@Countingpennies wrote:

If your tax return shows $10,000 income, that's what you use. You said you paid taxes on it all. Income is not always just W2s. Investment income, retirement income, even unemployment. You just have to be able to prove it if asked. If anyone asks for a pay stub or W2, ask if a copy of your 1040 will do because that shows all your income.

I agreed with this! Show the bank your 1040. Also, when you graduate and get real income, I would move on to another lender.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 33 of 34
dndandrea
Established Member

I applied using my real income (~$10,500).

I'm pretty happy with a $1,000 limit for my first credit card. $2,000 would have been nicer but you can't always get what you want!

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.