Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$36,000 limit with Chase!!

tag
eagle2013
Established Contributor

Re: $36,000 limit with Chase!!

How do you have only $3000 on CSP? It's pretty much known that CSP has a minimum of $5000 credit limit, unless I'm missing something. I reconned CSP twice up to the supervisor level, and I'm sure if they could have gave me less than $5000 they would. But they couldn't.
Message 51 of 116
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@eagle2013 wrote:
How do you have only $3000 on CSP? It's pretty much known that CSP has a minimum of $5000 credit limit, unless I'm missing something. I reconned CSP twice up to the supervisor level, and I'm sure if they could have gave me less than $5000 they would. But they couldn't.

I have one with a 1,000 limit. It had a 25,000 limit, but I transfered 23,000 to a Freedom and 1,000 to an Amazon card. They told me since it had activity within 30 days, they couldn't transfer the entire limit. So, I'll just wait and close it out and move the limit later. It still says Sapphire Preferred on the statements, so  I reckon I can keep it with that limit as long as I want. Chase is really easy to get high limits with if you have the income and usage to show it. In my experience, they're more likely to offer high limits if you show that you need them. If you're charging ten dollars a month, a human reviewing it may not feel that you need a 30,000 limit.

Message 52 of 116
eagle2013
Established Contributor

Good to know, thanks.
Message 53 of 116
BruinTheNursePractitioner
Established Member

Navigatethis,

Yes they're very very very very flexible. Except I kinda spend like maybe 200 a month on my cards. If you have a high income (mine is 150K), they don't verify it either, they just heed it documented.

And people who are complaining about my low limit on CSP: I choose that limit. I have 36K with the bank which can be allocated however I want whenever I want. Chase works for me...well, all of us!
Chase Slate- 33K |AmEx Clear Card-2K | AmEx BCE-2K | Chase Freedom-1.3K | BoA Travel Rewards Visa-10K | BoA Accelerated Rewards AmEx-20K | Citibank Dividend Visa-2.1K | U.S. Bank-600 | Macy's Store Card-1.8K| Barclays MC-2.5K| Discover IT-17K | Chase CSP-1K | Banana Republic Visa-10K | BoA Better Balance Rewards MC-2.5K | Chevron Visa- 1.5K | EBay MC- 2.5K | Citi Diamond Preferred-2K | Citi American Airlines MC- 6.3K | Discover IT Chrome-2.5K| BoA Susan G. Komen MC-8.5K

TOTAL LINES: 20 |TOTAL UNSECURED CREDIT: $125,100
Message 54 of 116
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

"I feel so superior!"   hahaha

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 55 of 116
azguy13
Senior Contributor

This thread is giving me flashbacks.

That Slate limit will be great to transfer to the CSP/Freedom once the 0% promo is up

Message 56 of 116
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@azguy13 wrote:

That Slate limit will be great to transfer to the CSP/Freedom once the 0% promo is up

Let's not go down that road again Smiley Happy.

        
Message 57 of 116
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Revelate wrote:

@BruinTheNursePractitioner wrote:
Lol max all them out then file a chapter 7 lol

You realize lenders and the judiciary are wise to such things these days?  Fraud doesn't pay in this manner.

This post just kind of made me feel all tingly and well... let's just say not in a good mood.  I came here to myFICO because I was wanting to improve my life and the lives of my family.  We wanted a better home, a more stable financial situation, and peace of mind.  I found that, and didn't just get what I wanted and turn back to the pits I crawled from.

I decided that this is where I wanted to be.  To try and do things right, and hopefully, prevent future problems.  I've stayed here to help others and see them prosper and achieve their goals.  I'm all about the long haul, not just grab a few points, get what you want and then go right back.

So, as your friendly neighborhood mod, I will advise that any such future postings will be dealt with accordingly. 

Thank you, and have a myFICO day.

Shogun

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 58 of 116
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

Let's not go down that road again Smiley Happy.

Haha, agreed.

However, moving that huge CL would be nice. I wouldnt mind a Freedom with a similar CL to my CSP. But, I am way past the need for anymore credit. At this point, it would just be an addiciton thing Smiley Very Happy

Message 59 of 116
eagle2013
Established Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

Smiley LOL

Message 60 of 116
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.