Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$36,000 limit with Chase!!

tag
johnpalley
Established Contributor

Re: $36,000 limit with Chase!!

@eagle2013 wrote:
Credit is NOT money. Please don't get the two confused.

this might be the most unintelligent post in this whole thread. credit isnt money lol you sound crazy

Message 71 of 116
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@johnpalley wrote:

@eagle2013 wrote:

this might be the most unintelligent post in this whole thread. credit isnt money lol you sound crazy

Let's keep it respectful

Message 72 of 116
johnpalley
Established Contributor

my fault az

Message 73 of 116
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@azguy13 wrote:

@johnpalley wrote:

@eagle2013 wrote:

Let's keep it respectful

+1

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 74 of 116
eagle2013
Established Contributor

@johnpalley wrote:

@eagle2013 wrote:

This line of thinking is exactly how so many people fall into financial ruin (credit card debt, bankruptcy). Again, credit is NOT money. If it was money you wouldn't have to pay the banks a fee for a cash advance. You also wouldn't have a cash advance limit on your credit cards. It is intangible exposure that can increase AND decrease at any time without your knowledge, unlike "money". Besides, do you think people with "real money" like millionaires and billionaires are concerned about their "high" credit lines? Give me a break. The only "money" you have is in your bank accounts, savings, CDs, retirements, investments, property, etc. 

By the way, try to retain an attorney or post bail in your hypothetical "murder charge" scenario and see how far your 'money', i.e. credit will get you. 

Message 75 of 116
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@johnpalley wrote:

@eagle2013 wrote:

OK, to use your example.   Person A has $400K in credit lines, person B has $400K in cash.  Both suddenly need a lawyer to avoid 30 years in prison.

Both succeed and are billed $400K by their legal teams.   Clearly money well spent for both, but now are they both equally well off financially?   Obviously so as credit is money!

Also, high credit lines may also prevent you getting cards you really want, as some lenders get nervous.  Not necessarily a huge issue, but a factor.

Message 76 of 116
john398
Senior Contributor

Be careful, I have heard of Chase closing down accounts when more than 4 are opened in a 12 month period

Message 77 of 116
elbori357
Regular Contributor

I currently bank with Chase (6 years), business and personal accounts with balances totaling over 200k in checking and savings and yearly income of 197k and I had to explained to the credit analyst why I had 9 inquiries in a year in order to get my CSP yesterday at my local bank. NOW. I am having a hard time understanding any approval with Chase with so many inquiries in this case 50. Uummm just does not sit well. Also the value of opening 8 accounts with minimum $ in it serves minimal to no benefit in the decision making process specially with so many inqs. Perhaps the OP can better explain her "secret".
MyFico Pull: TU 838 EFX 841, EX 840. (14 Aug 2020) House Mortage $305k, Car Lease $60,000, AMEX ED 33,000, NFCU Signature Visa $68,000, Lowes Visa 25,000, Cap One Venture $48,000, Navcheck $15,000, Barclay WEMC Arrival+ $41,000, Cap1 Quicksilver Visa $12,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred 15k, Best Buy $19,800, . Overall Util. 2%
Message 78 of 116
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

It's blowing my mind that people believe OP.  Please remember, you can't believe everything you read on the internet. 

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 79 of 116
eagle2013
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@johnpalley wrote:

@eagle2013 wrote:

OK, to use your example.   Person A has $400K in credit lines, person B has $400K in cash.  Both suddenly need a lawyer to avoid 30 years in prison.

Both succeed and are billed $400K by their legal teams.   Clearly money well spent for both, but now are they both equally well off financially?   Obviously so as credit is money!

Also, high credit lines may also prevent you getting cards you really want, as some lenders get nervous.  Not necessarily a huge issue, but a factor.

That's assuming you can pay for an attorney on your credit card, which most law firms, especially big law and very high stakes cases won't even touch. This is why for most things (mortgage, insurance premiums, taxes, etc.) you cannot use a credit card for, at least directly. These things require CASH money, not credit.

Look, I like credit cards. I like higher credit limits. The main purpose of having my cards are to be rewarded for purchasing things that I have to, or would have bought anyway with CASH. Again, this is just my opinion to never get in the mindset of thinking that because you have $100k in credit, that is "money". No, the money you have is in your bank account. 

Message 80 of 116
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.