Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3X CLI???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 3X CLI???

May I ask what the request was? I read somewhere it was at 25K and another it was 30K requests when they start asking.
Message 11 of 15
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
May I ask what the request was? I read somewhere it was at 25K and another it was 30K requests when they start asking.

Sorry I didn't see this sooner here. Haven't updated my signature yet but requested the full $78k amount (LOL) on the SPG and got approved for $51.5k yesterday. Took awhile for whatever reason as my request was submitted on 11/14. And tbh when they ask for IV is totally YMMV honestly. There have been some that can't crack $25k+ without it, others at the $35k+ mark. Totally dependent on your credit profile and your internal risk score within AMEX. I've read that some on other credit boards people being able to take their limits even farther than that which blows my mind really on revolvers; charge cards are much easier to reach high spending thresholds I have to say personal or business (easier on business obviously).

Message 12 of 15
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats and thanks for the data points, @simplynoir! Guess I should get the 4506-T pen handy. Wonder if I can do $63k then $189k? Smiley Surprised

FWIW Pooka mentioned that it wasn’t that uncommon to see 6-digit lines on revolvers and even saw a 7-digit line once.

Message 13 of 15
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Congrats and thanks for the data points, @simplynoir! Guess I should get the 4506-T pen handy. Wonder if I can do $63k then $189k? Smiley Surprised

FWIW Pooka mentioned that it wasn’t that uncommon to see 6-digit lines on revolvers and even saw a 7-digit line once.

Was weird because I actually got a call from a manager on Friday that asked a few questions before approving the increase she just didn't know to what exactly til the following Monday. And lol well safe to say I won't ever see lines like that in my life unless I win the lottery; can maybe manage 6 digits by combining lines with other cards but man I dunno if I would want a CL like that on a single card that would just worry me too much. Smiley LOL

And shoot for the moon assuming you're okay with IV! as the younger kids say YOLO

Message 14 of 15
Chickenpotpie
Frequent Contributor

I think past a certain 5 digit point, many get asked for income verification.  I never did.  I went from 9 to 27k, then asked if they could make it 30k.  they were cool with it.  Maybe past that they'd ask for verification, but frankly I don't need it,  I'd be just greedy at this point.  Also, I did find out my spend is 25K above my limit.    not sure how normal that is.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.