cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd Amex? Looking to app 2 amex cards. Questions for you.

tag
gblb
New Contributor

3rd Amex? Looking to app 2 amex cards. Questions for you.

Currently have Delta Amex Platinum (Personal). I am thinking of apping for the Amex Platinum (charge) and the delta amex business platinum. I see lots of value in both given the current delta amex sign up bonus and the travel benefits of the platinum charge.

my question: will this be seen as over reaching? Technically it would just be two personal amex which is standard but obviously I am liable for the biz one as well. Would this trigger a FR having a third card? Should I stick to two? Should I space them out or piggyback the apps? Will they not really count the biz app against me personally? Any input is much appreciated. Currently around 720 fico across the three. Util less than 30 percent, AAOA over 2 years and AU on a separate amex delta.

thanks.

American Express Platinum // Chase Sapphire Preferred // Virgin Atlantic World Elite Mastercard // Chase Freedom // Delta American Express Platinum // Chase Slate

Scores hovering around 712-740 FICO
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gblb
New Contributor

Re: 3rd Amex? Looking to app 2 amex cards. Questions for you.

Anyone?

American Express Platinum // Chase Sapphire Preferred // Virgin Atlantic World Elite Mastercard // Chase Freedom // Delta American Express Platinum // Chase Slate

Message 2 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Since your an Amex client already you have nothing to lose by trying but of course YMMV the general rule is 

SP if denied HP if approved 

And no I don't think this will result in an FR as long as you do have a business

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I apped for  Amex Green  in May - Approved

Then Apped for Amex BCE  in July - Approved

Then Apped for Amex PRG   in August Approved.   So i say give it a try. 

Message 4 of 8
signaturecardmember
Frequent Contributor

See my thread in approvals for my app spree for a friend. He already has 1 Personal AMEX with $30k limit and a business charge card. Instantly approved for Costco card and put on 5 day security hold for Everyday application. You can do a charge card and credit card at same time though.

Started: 4/14 Bank of America Signature $6k, 85% Utilization, 745 Fako
Currently: 6/18 Bank of America Signature $99.9k, Chase Slate $0, Chase Freedom Signature $2.5k, American Express Gold NSL, American Express Everyday $6k, Lowes GE $0 (From $35k), Discover IT $38.5k, Capital One Quicksilver $5k, Barclays US Airways $24k, DCU Platinum $30k, PenFed Promise $47k, Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature (From CSP) $50k, Chase AARP Signature $7.5k, American Express Blue Cash $7.5k, Citi American Airlines Platinum $10.5k, Capital One Venture Signature $30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred (From Reserve) $12k, Chase Ink Business Preferred $10k, Barclays Aviator Business $14k. Total Available Credit: Over $350k, Utilization 4%, AAoA 7 Years, TU Fico 799, EX Fico 727
Message 5 of 8
gblb
New Contributor

Thanks to all. Excellent info.

Message 6 of 8
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

As long as you're being honest with your apps, I don't see a problem.  I think there is a limit to 4 revolvers with Amex but you're clearly not looking to add that many.  Just be sure you're eligible for the sign up bonus since you're talking about multiple Delta cards.

Message 7 of 8
gblb
New Contributor

Thanks yeah, the reason for another delta in business version is the eligibility for the bonus as I would be ineligible for the bonus on another personal delta. Cheers.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.