cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 hours to use Amex gold airline fee credit? Yes or no?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 4 hours to use Amex gold airline fee credit? Yes or no?

Unfortunately, if you didn't get temp card number, there is no way to use it until the physical card arrives. That's a bummer for sure.
Message 11 of 33
red259
Super Contributor

@drave199 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Alright, chated with Amex, CSR can't add card to my account since I don't have it or my ED with me, but she selected delta for me.

I then just bought 2x50 egift, we shall see how it works out, lol

Im in the same boat. I just applied today however and never got a temp number. I called and they said that I could only make purchases with the card after i physically recieved it. Im was hoping to get in the $100 for 2018 as well but apprently thats not gonna happen. Am i screwed or is there a way around it?

Not going to get the $100 from this year. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 12 of 33
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Nothing ever happens in a timely fashion during the holiday season.  You simply must start early in the month for time-sensitive activities.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 13 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Nothing ever happens in a timely fashion during the holiday season.  You simply must start early in the month for time-sensitive activities.

True. Mine was shipped 4 days after approval 

Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same, shipped 4 days after approval, even though 3 out of 4 times when I called, csr promised delivery within 3 days from approval.

Their csr left a lot to be desired.
Message 15 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not 100% about airline credit but it worked for me with Dining credit. I ordered Grubhub on 11/30 and I still got dining credit for Nov.
Message 16 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So I will be getting me card 8pm central time on 31st, I plan to activate it, log in online, select delta as my 2018 airline and buy 2x50 certificates.

Then on 1st, i get to select delta again as my 2019 airline and buy 2 more 50 usd certificates.

Does this plan sounds alright? Or am I missing anything?

Thanks for the reminder forgot to use mine till today haha

Message 17 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot mine as well until I saw this post. I ordered the same for Delta, lets hope it goes through before the new year!

Message 18 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure how to post photos, but I can confirm that I received the AMEX $100 credit email (for 2018) before I received the Delta e-card confirmation email. Your plan should work.

Message 19 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

• Purchased made on 29th.
  • Posted on 30th
  • Still waiting on credit as of today (3rd).

There are 3 other people in the same boat as me @ flyertalk. CSR said I am qualified and can ask manual credit after 14 days if no credit by then, but Amex CSR has been ... unreliable... from my recent experiences.

My first restaurant purchase (posted 31st) also has not been credited 20% yet.

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.