cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 hours to use Amex gold airline fee credit? Yes or no?

tag
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Re: 4 hours to use Amex gold airline fee credit? Yes or no?

@Anonymous wrote:
  • Purchased made on 29th.
  • Posted on 30th
  • Still waiting on credit as of today (3rd).

@There are 3 other people in the same boat as me @ flyertalk. CSR said I am qualified and can ask manual credit after 14 days if no credit by then, but Amex CSR has been ... unreliable... from my recent experiences.

My first restaurant purchase (posted 31st) also has not been credited 20% yet.

I'm in the same boat as you, totally forgot about the airline credit, purchased Delta gift cards on the 29th, still waiting on the credit. I did receive my 20% food one though, so it's not totally broken.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 21 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

aha, just received airline fee credit, minutes ago. They retroactively dated it as Jan 2nd.

still waiting on restaurant 20% credit.

Message 22 of 33
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

aha, just received airline fee credit, minutes ago. They retroactively dated it as Jan 2nd.

Just out of curiosity, what was the gift card purchase coded as for you, I think mine is coded incorrectly which is why I have not got mine.

Merchandise and supplies - Internet purchase is what I have.

Message 23 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Priory_Man wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just out of curiosity, what was the gift card purchase coded as for you, I think mine is coded incorrectly which is why I have not got mine.

Merchandise and supplies - Internet purchase is what I have.

From my homepage when i log in and click the purchase, I have "passenger Ticket", there is also a ticket number with this. On my MR display, it listed as "150, 3x, airfare".

If i goto statements and activity, click the purchase, it says "category: travel - airline, flight detail says LAX-LAX, document type: passenger ticket."

Who is the vendor listed in your purchase? It should be Delta airlines.

Message 24 of 33
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

It says Delta air lines. I guess I need to wait the 14 days then call.
Thanks for getting back to me.

Message 25 of 33
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did the airline credit count as 2018 or 2019?

Just wondering what your counter is showing under 'benefits'.

Message 26 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will give you my experience.   I did two $50 DL cards on one Platinum and two $100 AA on the other at noon on 12/30, got 2018 credits today.

I DID order Cavier (food pickup, similar to Seamless) which was supposed to have a $10 off benefit ending on 12/31, ordered about 7 pm and it looks like it didn't post until 1/1...  Is it worth reaching out to Amex?

Message 27 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I will give you my experience.   I did two $50 DL cards on one Platinum and two $100 AA on the other at noon on 12/30, got 2018 credits today.

I DID order Cavier (food pickup, similar to Seamless) which was supposed to have a $10 off benefit ending on 12/31, ordered about 7 pm and it looks like it didn't post until 1/1...  Is it worth reaching out to Amex?

I don't think Caviar will get you the $10 monthly credit, only Grubhub and Seamless does.

Message 28 of 33
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a similar experience the last day of November 2018--I purchased food from Cheesecake Factory on the 30th around 2 pm and it showed pending later the same day--but the next day it showed pending on Dec. 1st. I went on chat with the CSR and he said I would receive the credit as a November purchase. FFW to last week--I purchased a $25 gift card from Cheesecake Factory on Sunday the 30th and the credit has not been seen as of yet--but I do have the 4x MR points showing on my statement. I'll post back in this thread if the $10 credit happens to show up tomorrow or Saturday.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 29 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did the airline credit count as 2018 or 2019?

Just wondering what your counter is showing under 'benefits'.

counted as 2018, still have 100 for 2019.

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.