Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 month plan for best CLI's on 3 cards

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: 4 month plan for best CLI's on 3 cards

@Anonymous wrote:

Understood.  So, while I may be wasting my time to some degree (perhaps with Discover) I'm certainly not damaging my CLI chances by doing what I have planned.  I know overall profile matters more than my spend on these cards... but like I said, not much can be done profile-wise in a couple of months while the spend is definitely something I can control and at least attempt to use to give a "good look" which may or may not help my chances as favorable CLIs.

No it's not damaging, it sounds like a good plan.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the input guys.  I'll be sure to report back what my CLIs are when I get them.

I am about to embark on my own 4 month cli journey, wondering how this worked out for you?

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a good plan to me. With Discover once you get past the first 6 months (I believe?) you can ask for a SP CLI as often as you want. Some are lucky and get it every 31 days, some hit that every 90 day mark. I'm on the 90 day train it seems but that's ok. For the BCE definitely ask for the 3x CLI. Not sure what your starting is but if they don't give you the full 3x, they will come back with what they can give you. I personally didn't do the 3x and just asked for $2 on my BCP and I literally kick myself every day.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

grow your 4 months goal, and apply for another Quicksilver. I'm a success story of having a stagnant Capital One and when I applied for a second one I got everything I wanted.

In my case my first Quicksilver was an Orchard Bank bad credit card that got taken over by Capital One. it was stuck at 6 hundred bucks for 2 years, long after my Discover and Chase Freedom were giving me 3000 limits or whatever they were.
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I totally forgot about this thread, thanks for bringing it back to life!

So to give an update, I grew the Amex card from $10k to $30k via a 3X CLI at Day 64 of the account being open.

I then moved my spend to Discover and have received 3 CLI's so far in 4 months taking the card from my $12,500 SL to $24,300.  I'm hitting the button every 30 days +/- a day or two on the 9th of every month.  So far I've had a 100% success rate.

I moved some of my spend to my CO QS last month as I was up for a CLI opportunity as it had been 6 months.  Like last time with CO, they for whatever reason are unable to access my credit report and give me the "credit bureau information missing or unavailable" response meaning no CLI.  I've been trying for weeks to speak with the EO about this issue, which I'm not sure they'll even address to be honest.  Looks like I may not be able to get a CLI with CO... which honestly is fine as I could just SD the card or even close it since it gets little use at this point.  I just left my EO contact another voice mail, so we'll see if I can get anything accomplished with CO in the upcoming weeks.  My only 2 CLIs with them ever have been for $500 each which at this point does nothing for me; if I get another $500 CLI or nothing at all I'll likely just move on from CO.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.