cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

40% off with use of AMEX MR points on Amazon.com($50 max discount)

tag
Credit_Flavours
Regular Contributor

40% off with use of AMEX MR points on Amazon.com($50 max discount)

Hello, Fico fam! Trust everyone is safe and healthy.

Just took advantage of this on Amazon.com and thought to share peradventure others can benefit from it. So sorry I didn't get a screengrab.

I was shopping for a king-size boxspring and after adding to the cart, a pop-up appeared, offering 40% off to be applied at check-out if I use available MR points as my payment option for a maximum of $50 discount. It says the offer expires end of June(i think) or after 12,000 customers have applied the discount.

I took the offer and it was well worth it as it came to about 1.2 cents on the dollar. Normally, 12.000 MR points would come to a little over $80 dollars which were like 0.7 cents on the dollar but with the 40% discount it made up for the dismal conversion rate and more. Best use of my MR points outside of travel in a while. Please note that this offer has to be "activated" before use and can be used on multiple purchases for the max of $50 in discounts.

In my case, I got my max $50 at once and it was very sweet. Cheers folks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Re: 40% off with use of AMEX MR points on Amazon.com($50 max discount)

@Credit_Flavours wrote:

Just took advantage of this on Amazon.com and thought to share peradventure others can benefit from it. So sorry I didn't get a screengrab.

I was shopping for a king-size boxspring and after adding to the cart, a pop-up appeared, offering 40% off to be applied at check-out if I use available MR points as my payment option for a maximum of $50 discount. It says the offer expires end of June(i think) or after 12,000 customers have applied the discount.

I took the offer and it was well worth it as it came to about 1.2 cents on the dollar. Normally, 12.000 MR points would come to a little over $80 dollars which were like 0.7 cents on the dollar but with the 40% discount it made up for the dismal conversion rate and more. Best use of my MR points outside of travel in a while. Please note that this offer has to be "activated" before use and can be used on multiple purchases for the max of $50 in discounts.

Glad it worked out for you!

I think the best way to take advantage is by only using 1 MR and paying the balance on the card, so you're not using your points for a low return. I used the same 40% Amazon offer plus an Amex offer of 5x additional MRs on the BBP up to 2k extra MRs. Got the $50 credit plus 7x MRs on the purchase.

Message 2 of 5
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

@Credit_Flavours wrote:

Glad it worked out for you!

I think the best way to take advantage is by only using 1 MR and paying the balance on the card, so you're not using your points for a low return. I used the same 40% Amazon offer plus an Amex offer of 5x additional MRs on the BBP up to 2k extra MRs. Got the $50 credit plus 7x MRs on the purchase.

I did exactly this with my son's new mattress, but 4x additional MR on my Gold.  5x MR on top of the big discount.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 3 of 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Used a promo lately on amazon used 1 MR point and got 20% for air pods pros..  Got them for 204ish including tax i think when normally 260+tax..  So got a great deal Smiley Happy.  Glad yours worked for you although yours was 40% off mine was only 20% :/.

Message 4 of 5
Trikoret
Contributor

I was able to also use 40% off and on top of it I earned 5x on charges. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.