Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5/24 Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

5/24 Cards

I am trying to figure out if I am still under the Chase 5/24 rule.
I am curious if Chase considers these cards when figuring up 5/24.

* Care Credit
* Haverties furniture
* Lowes.

I already have CSP and Freedom.
8 REPLIES 8
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: 5/24 Cards

If they appear on your credit report, then Chase will consider them.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 2 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

+1 store cards are certainly considered

Message 3 of 9
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

The item you're most likely referring to wanting information on per TPG:

• Specific store cards which are part of a national payment system and can be used elsewhere will count. New data points suggest that even store cards which can only be used at a single establishment also now count, but your mileage may vary (YMMV).

Message 4 of 9
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

+1 store cards are certainly considered

If it appears on your credit report - and this also includes AU cards - in the past 24 months then Chase counts it. You can have some leeway if what's holding you back is one AU account so you can recon but any more than that would be difficult.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for the Freedom card in Jan of this year.
At that time, I was at 3/24 with my Chase and Amex cards only.

I also already had the Haverties and Care Credit cards as well showing on my credit reports before Freedom approval.

At the point before approval of the freedom, I technically was already at 5/24 unless they didn't count either the Care Credit or Haverties Furniture.
Or neither one !

This is why I am asking about which cards Chase counts.
If I am way past 5/24, I want to go ahead and get my Citi and Penfed cards.

Just wanted to make sure before I made this move.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP—Sounds like something wasn’t appearing on your credit report previously, but from all data points I’ve seen regarding 5/24, you “should” be at/over 5/24 currently. It may have been a fluke, but Chase normally errs on the side of denial (i.e. recon necessary for AU in many/most Instances). Articles I’ve seen on DoC and numerous other cc related blogs have discussed Chase’s 5/24 since it became the first publicly acknowledged program of its type, and cards of the type you are asking about so count toward 5/24. You could always call Chase and ask directly, or chance an HP if you’re firmly convinced you’re good to go. Good luck, and let us know what you decide and any results you obtain so we can add that to the “knowledge bank!”
Message 7 of 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I was approved for the Freedom card in Jan of this year.
At that time, I was at 3/24 with my Chase and Amex cards only.

I also already had the Haverties and Care Credit cards as well showing on my credit reports before Freedom approval.

At the point before approval of the freedom, I technically was already at 5/24 unless they didn't count either the Care Credit or Haverties Furniture.
Or neither one !

@Anonymous when you applied for the Freedom card, did you app cold or through the Your Offers section of your Chase account?  These offers (which we've nicknamed "Green Checkmark Offers" around here) bypass 5/24 requirements.  I got a pair of Chase cards being LOL/24 last year that way and DW got one being slight chuckle/24 in November.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was actually a cold app.
I was not logged into my account.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.