I think you all should apply and bring back some DPs 

You first.

lol.gif

10.gif

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 12 of 15
baronetheanvil
Established Member

Re: 5/24 missed by Chase?

On a side note thanks to coldfusion for the tip about when you are preapproved on the amex site for another card. Used it when I got my Green.

Message 13 of 15
JLRDC909
Frequent Contributor

I have read some success beating the 5/24 rule with the United Explorer, Starbucks, and Amazon Card. Technically they should all follow under the rule, but it seems some exceptions are made. 

I have read a few recent posts that some people have applied (and approved) for the CSP without a green/black star or preapproved letter. I highly doubt Chase is or will revise this dumb policy they have, but good to see some approvals can still be had. 

JR
Message 14 of 15
snapcat
Valued Member

No, I pre-qualified from the link in the pre-qualify thread just for fun. And it said I was pre-qualified. Since I've been gardening many of the HP's had dropped off my report so I could afford a HP fun it and pulled the trigger. But, yes, I'll be keeping a hard look at it. And I won't be surprised at whatever happens. I put enough spend so that I can PIF easily. My hunch is that they relaxed some rules on this card only to continue the relationship with Amazon. I'm also guessing that a human had to review the app since it was approved 2 days later. It will be interesting to see if others report a similar experience.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.