cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5% Bill Pay Bonus Is Offically Gone for US Bank Cash + starting April!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

5% Bill Pay Bonus Is Offically Gone for US Bank Cash + starting April!!!

I just signed up for next quarter bonus. I noticed Bill Pay Bonus and Home Improvent are  gone for next quarter. They added bookstore, sporting goods and bookstore for next quarter.I didn't see any limit for 5% or 2% yet. I chose restaurant and fast food for 5% and groceries for 2%.  What did you chose for your next quarter? 

Bill Pay Bonus is gone. It will take longer to earn $100 cash back. By the way, I didn't see any  $25.00 bonus gift card for redeeming $100 cash back.

Here is the link for next quarter 5% and 2% bonus:

https://cashplus.usbank.com/index.cfm/main/categories/demo/true

Ron.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
andre181
Established Contributor

Re: 5% Bill Pay Bonus Is Offically Gone for US Bank Cash + starting April!!!

Yep, I just signed up too. I am very sad that bill pay is gone.

I picked cell phone and restaurants for 5% and drug stores for 3%.

I looked high and low on the website for info about limits and coundn't find anything. 

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 2 of 11
GoRavens
Established Member

I was really hoping they would keep Bill Payment and move it to a 2% earn category.  Oh well.  They will be getting my $100/month Verizon bill and that's about it.

Message 3 of 11
Ron1
Super Contributor

Yes, billpay is gone and it is big loss for us. Hopefully they will bring it back next quarter (in August).  Good news is no cap for 5% for 2% bonus cateogories. By the way, id didn't see any $25 bonus gift card for redeeming $100 cash back. May be they take it away.

Ron.

Message 4 of 11
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Not only that but they are removing the checking account package too. This card is pretty much garbage now. On par with Citi dividend.
Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 5 of 11
Open123
Super Contributor

I think this was a great card while it lasted.

In my view, sign up bonuses are always preferrable to "ongoing" rewards structure.  The former is defined certainty, while the latter is abstract (may or may not happen), since they can always be altered.  

Message 6 of 11
Ron1
Super Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:
Not only that but they are removing the checking account package too. This card is pretty much garbage now. On par with Citi dividend.

Not now.

Available until August 10, 2013, earn a 25% monthly bonus on rewards earned for net purchases (purchases minus credits and returns) with a U.S. Bank Cash+TM Visa Signature® or FlexPerks® Visa®Credit Card.

Ron.

Message 7 of 11
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@flowfaster wrote:

Not now.

Available until August 10, 2013, earn a 25% monthly bonus on rewards earned for net purchases (purchases minus credits and returns) with a U.S. Bank Cash+TM Visa Signature® or FlexPerks® Visa®Credit Card.

Ron.

I was going to consider opening a checking account to take advantage of this . I'm not now.

This card will get used for my cell phone bill.  That's about it.  US Bank took too much away from this card.  It went from being one of my most used cards to just being used once a month.  I'm going to sign up for department stores I guess. 

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 8 of 11
YahComb
Established Contributor

I guess the big thing now is will they eventually move to having both rotating and selectable categories.

And will they have some way of separating Amazon kindle purchases from general merchandise purchases(they should all fall under the same bookstore mcc)
EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 9 of 11
Bandit_1025

And will they have some way of separating Amazon kindle purchases from general merchandise purchases(they should all fall under the same bookstore mcc

Just go to the Kindle portion of Amazon. Purchase Amazon Kindle gift card (pre-selected or enter the amount that suits you) and enjoy 5% off at Amazon(with no cap). As Kindle gift cards can be used at Amazon. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.