Re: 5% Utilities including Cable/Cell Phone/Internet - Vantage West

Gmood1 remember summer where it hits 118+ ?! Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 117
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah..I've worked in the high Sierra desert of California before. Because the air is so dry out there. It doesn't feel as hot there as it does here when it's 97 degrees with 100% humidity. 😁

Here and especially in Florida, for those that wear glasses. You go temporarily blind walking in and out of air conditionied areas quite often. lol

Message 12 of 117
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Phoenix & points west like Yuma, I avoid them like the plague. Tucson can get a tad hot in June, 112 or so. I live east of Tucson in the "high desert", 4200' elevation. Rarely gets over 100 in June, typical winter day is in the mid to high 60s. The low humidity makes the heat much more tolerable. I have relatives south of Tallahassee and made the mistake of visiting them in August one year - 98 degrees, 98% humidity. I only visit them in the winter now.

Message 13 of 117
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@fltireguy wrote:
Generally speaking, with CU’s, once you become a member, you are a member for life, even if you no longer belong to the group that got you membership in the first place. Case in point, NL San Diego and NFCU

Yes, in many cases these restrictions are to satisfy Federal rules that a CU has to have some eligibility requirements.  So many have some real geographical restriction, but then have chosen to make it available to all through some association membership at the time of application.  Last year there was some noise of a crackdown to make sure that the restrictions were "real" but I haven't heard anything.   Clearly spending $15 or so once isn't a meaningful association, but till someone cares......

And I guess some CUs do take it more seriously, as stated above NFCU closing the NL "loophole"

Message 14 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

This credit card sounds intriguing. I would be interested in the credit union if they allow membership from Florida. May have to look into it. Thank you for the tip digitek. 

Message 15 of 117
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Might of missed this but do they do a HP for membership and if so who do they HP for membership and CC's?  Assume it is Exp or Eq leaning on EQ?

Message 16 of 117
ohjoy
Frequent Contributor

Whoa! Wait a minute. Let me be sure that I'm understanding this correctly. I understand that you don't have to live there to open an account. And I think I'm clear on the big telecom companies. But, will the program cover local utility companies on the East Coast too? And, am I correct in assuming this is a personal card and not a business card. It seems I've seen those categories on an AMEX business card.

TIA (Thanks in advance)

Starting Score (May 2017): 584 TU
Current Scores: 752 TU, 717 EQ, 750 EX

Goal Score: 820+

Message 17 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too am intrigued. Thanks for the info.

Co-sign @CreditCuriosity’s question.
Message 18 of 117
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Might of missed this but do they do a HP for membership and if so who do they HP for membership and CC's?  Assume it is Exp or Eq leaning on EQ?

They told me this just last week:

"Thank you for contacting us. When opening a new account we do run Chexsystems which is a ‘soft’ pull using Experian. If Experian for some reason is offline we may use Equifax or TransUnion but mainly Experian is used. The application for a Credit Card would require a hard pull, also through Experian. If you have any questions please let us know."

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 19 of 117
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:
This is my next CC! Thanks for posting.
Joined Vantage last week. Easy to curb the fee to join for those that have a cash back card. They allow up to $2000 to be charged to debit or CC in order to fund the first deposit. I've opened similar accounts with Citi Double cash and USAA Limitless. It's not treated as a Cash advance. But as a regular charge. So that's $50 CB using the Limitless and $40 using the Citi DC. It basically covers the opening deposits and bicycle club fees.
For those needing to meet a spend bonus without spending anything significant..it's a no brainier! You kill two birds with one stone.😉

Do you know how many Chex and EX INQs you had? I'm curious if they're sensitive.

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 20 of 117
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.