Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5% Utilities including Cable/Cell Phone/Internet - Vantage West

tag
OmarR
Established Contributor

Re: 5% Utilities including Cable/Cell Phone/Internet - Vantage West

@TheBoondocks wrote:

I just opened my account - checking and savings, but I didn't have to donate to a bicycle of $17. 

That's awesome.

How were you able to bypass the requirement?

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 51 of 117
dlister70
Frequent Contributor

@digitek wrote:

Join the Greater Arizona Bicycle Association for $15, be sure to choose an Individual membership (https://gaba.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=60&club_id=307669&sl=737781840) - They will send you a member card in an email with your membership #.

Join the Credit Union by opening a "Regular Savings" Account and depositing $5 (can be paid with credit card), you will need pictures of your Driver's License and the picture of your GABA membership card, just upload them both when they ask you to upload the supporting documentation - (Click on the red "Open" button under the "Regular Savings" column from this page (https://vantagewest.org/accounts/savings/) - Remember the username and password you create for this application!

I joined the GABA yesterday to start this process, and I received an email with my GABA member number, but not a member card.  The email actually specifically says that I haven't paid yet and tells me where to send a check, and then I received a second email with my receipt for paying on the website but that email didn't have the member number on it.  I could screen shot the email with the member number on it, but wasn't sure if that was enough documentation.  

Did you get the membership card on the same day that you joined, or did it come later?

Message 52 of 117
OmarR
Established Contributor

@dlister70 wrote:

@digitek wrote:

Join the Greater Arizona Bicycle Association for $15, be sure to choose an Individual membership (https://gaba.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=60&club_id=307669&sl=737781840) - They will send you a member card in an email with your membership #.

Join the Credit Union by opening a "Regular Savings" Account and depositing $5 (can be paid with credit card), you will need pictures of your Driver's License and the picture of your GABA membership card, just upload them both when they ask you to upload the supporting documentation - (Click on the red "Open" button under the "Regular Savings" column from this page (https://vantagewest.org/accounts/savings/) - Remember the username and password you create for this application!

I joined the GABA yesterday to start this process, and I received an email with my GABA member number, but not a member card.  The email actually specifically says that I haven't paid yet and tells me where to send a check, and then I received a second email with my receipt for paying on the website but that email didn't have the member number on it.  I could screen shot the email with the member number on it, but wasn't sure if that was enough documentation.  

Did you get the membership card on the same day that you joined, or did it come later?

Funny you should ask this question.

I received the same email with "Membership number, but membership pending".  I screenshotted it and uploaded it to Vantage West but it was insufficient.

So I logged onto the GABA website and screenshotted (or downloaded?) the actual membership card. I than uploaded that and everything was fine. This mistake (on my part) was the only hold up on establishing my membership.

Message 53 of 117
dlister70
Frequent Contributor

@OmarR wrote:

I received the same email with "Membership number, but membership pending".  I screenshotted it and uploaded it to Vantage West but it was insufficient.

So I logged onto the GABA website and screenshotted (or downloaded?) the actual membership card. I than uploaded that and everything was fine. This mistake (on my part) was the only hold up on establishing my membership.

Ah, I just went to the GABA website and downloaded my card.  Now off to step 2!  Smiley Happy  Thank you!

Message 54 of 117
OmarR
Established Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:
That was my reason for adding the free checking account.

Out of curiousity, are you waiting for some inquiries to fall off before you app for this card?

Message 55 of 117
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Actually it's all the new accounts. I don't worry about the INQs. I've learned they don't make a difference in my apps.
Message 56 of 117
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

My bad bro, sorry for the late response. Not sure to be honest, I just opened it. I did the 3rd option where I don't fit the category and I just applied, it's still in process but I gotta call in. Maybe, they will ask me to donate, who knows.
Message 57 of 117
OmarR
Established Contributor

@TheBoondocks wrote:
My bad bro, sorry for the late response. Not sure to be honest, I just opened it. I did the 3rd option where I don't fit the category and I just applied, it's still in process but I gotta call in. Maybe, they will ask me to donate, who knows.

Please let us know how that goes, simply for the data points!

Message 58 of 117
OmarR
Established Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:
Actually it's all the new accounts. I don't worry about the INQs. I've learned they don't make a difference in my apps.

I guess I could google it, but how long does it take for new accounts to stop being "new"?

Message 59 of 117
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Okay, so I got a callback and they told me they sent me a message saying additional info so, I funded the account without joining the bicycle organization or those organization listed and they said they would refund me it.

Now, all I have to do is join those organization and then I would be eligible to join VW.
Message 60 of 117
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.