Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5% Utilities including Cable/Cell Phone/Internet - Vantage West

tag
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

Re: 5% Utilities including Cable/Cell Phone/Internet - Vantage West

3E6DBE52-1A2E-4A64-A0D2-7DD2014158AE.jpeg

This can’t be real. This is going to get nerfed!

Message 91 of 117
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

It has a quarterly cap of $1500 which is probably why if they do a nerf it would just be the removal of a few categories. Plus, the limitation of applying for the credit union helps too.

Message 92 of 117
digitek
Established Contributor

So it does seem like they have restricted the membership eligibility of this Credit Union recently, it has been reported at least 3 times that you can no longer join Vantage West by being a member of the Greater Arizona Bicycle Assocation unless you actually live in Arizona.

I have edited and reflected that in my  first post, not sure if there is any other way to get membership to this Credit Union while being out of state.

Message 93 of 117
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

It has a quarterly cap of $1500 which is probably why if they do a nerf it would just be the removal of a few categories. Plus, the limitation of applying for the credit union helps too.

+ each quarter you choose just one of those categories.   Not sure if 

Message 94 of 117
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

Oh you only get to pick one?? Well, there goes that excitement! ☹️😂😂😬

Message 95 of 117
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

I'm from Cali, donated to their charity and still denied. I'm tired of living here anyway, maybe I'll go just go out there one day, get a AZ ID, get a job there, find a temporary place to stay just to get the card lol, hopefully they still accept the contribute no matter how long its been and you know as they say, when you're a member of a credit union, you will always be one even if you leave lol.
Message 96 of 117
SBR249
Established Contributor

Sorry for the necro bump, but since I did post in this thread earlier I thought I'd come back and give an update and a DP. 

I was declined for the Connect Rewards card back in Jan 2018, they called me an Egyptian (unsurprising since I'd gotten 6 new cards in the preceeding 3 months) and that was the end of my app spree. 

I did, however, join VW at the time which was lucky given that they instituted the geographical restrictions not long afterwards. 

Fast forward to July/Aug 2018, I figured I'd gardened long enough and decided to scratch the itch. Apped the Connect Rewards VS again, asked for $5k this time. Approved. 

Between then and now, my FICOs didn't really change much, mostly recovered from my app spree. No new tradelines. I did get a decent pay raise in the spring. Otherwise, I have just let my accounts age since then and started with the (mostly) AZEO method. 

Message 97 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheBoondocks wrote:
I'm from Cali, donated to their charity and still denied. 

I donated and was denied too.  And then the US Bank Cash + card added utilities as a 5% category.  Problem solved!  

Message 98 of 117
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

It's good, whatever tho. I got a friend from Arizona, maybe if I put his address lol. But, do you guys know on the application if it ask for employment and if it verifies if I'm employed in the state or AZ? Thanks.
Message 99 of 117
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Boondocks you might as well grab the US Bank Cash plus card. I closed my account with VW a few months ago. Once I found they were GEO restricting applications.
I grabbed some other cards that give CB on utilities and phone bills.
Message 100 of 117
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.