Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5% Utilities including Cable/Cell Phone/Internet - Vantage West

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 5% Utilities including Cable/Cell Phone/Internet - Vantage West

Any latest DP on applications? I am from Cali and planning to apply using GABA. Any DPs are highly apprecaited on recent successes. I get mixed info from CSR.

Message 111 of 117
SBR249
Established Contributor

VW CU membership is now geo-restricted to residents of southern AZ I believe. I don't think a GABA membership will suffice unless you can also show proof of address within their service area. 

When I applied for their CC this past July the CSR on the phone initially told me that I wasn't eligible since I lived out of state. It wasn't until I mentioned that I was already a VW CU member before he relented and told me I was indeed still eligible to apply for their products. 

Message 112 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

So they no longer allow for non AZ locations? I do have marcopia.edu email id but I have no connection with that community college does enrolling/showing an application helps. This is heights of application for this CC. I def want that 5% Costco Purchase

Also I assumes they would hold the funds in my CC before they can approve my application. 

Message 113 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Is this card available nationwide, or is it another one of those wonderful California cards that isn't available to us east coast types?

Vantage West is primarily a local Arizona credit union serving central & southern AZ, as I live in southern AZ I've been a member for a couple years and am very happy with them. But anyone can join by being a member of several organizations - Reid Park (Tucson) Zoo, a bicycling org, etc. You can find the qualifying organizations on their website vantagewest.org

But if you're on the east coast you might want to come to Tucson to open an account, forecast is for 75 degrees today. Smiley Wink

I had a Vantage account - it was a checking account. I closed it in frustration because each time I deposited a check into my account the bank refused to accept it if my name was mis-spelled. Whether I had enough in the account already to cover the check, or ten times as much to cover the check amount made no difference. It became a gamble to see if they would take the check or not, and if not I had to deposit the check in a different bank. For this policy, Pyramid Credit Union is thankful as I eventually ended the spelling lottery and closed the Vantage account.

Message 114 of 117
SBR249
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So they no longer allow for non AZ locations? I do have marcopia.edu email id but I have no connection with that community college does enrolling/showing an application helps. This is heights of application for this CC. I def want that 5% Costco Purchase

Also I assumes they would hold the funds in my CC before they can approve my application. 

I have no idea since I haven't look at their membership criteria in a while now. But I would suspect that absent a physical connection to southern AZ, you are SOL. I'd say your best bet with Costco at this time would be to load up on Costco Cash Cards with Discover this quarter. 

Message 115 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am glad i found this here today

I saw they dont accept memberships through GABA so thought to become a member first before getting a hard pull and not be able to join the CU later.

They do soft pulls through chexsystem to establish ID and your history with other banks and to check if you are not black listed

I dont reside in AZ

First App, yesterday. The security questions did apply to me. Answered all questions correctly as far as i know. The identity didnt get verified. Uploaded my Army ID, Chase bank statement and Social Sec card. The application got denied this morning within 12 hours of applying.

2ND App: This morning 8am PT. Questions didnt apply to me at all. Clicked on "None of the Above" on all of the identity questions. Identity didnt get verified again. Uploaded my NY drivers license, Military ID.

Got this response from them after the declined it for 2nd time.

At this time we are unable to approve your membership online. However, we would like to invite you to any of our branch locations and one of the Financial Representatives will be more than happy to assist you with opening a new membership. Please bring two valid forms of identification (Driver’s license= first form. Debit or credit card, social, work badge= second form) and a utility bill with your name and current address. Please let me know if you have any questions.  

Thank you,

Jor***

Should i apply the 3rd time and see if i pass through ID Questionaire? 

Message 116 of 117
SBR249
Established Contributor

If you are looking to join the CU and do not reside, work, worship, or go to school in AZ I don't think they will accept you even if you passed the ID verification. They will ask for proof of address. 

Message 117 of 117
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.