Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5% Utilities including Cable/Cell Phone/Internet - Vantage West

tag
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Re: 5% Utilities including Cable/Cell Phone/Internet - Vantage West

Bro, why lol? What? I already got that card, I just like the VW because of the popular 5% categories that they have.
Message 101 of 117
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Maybe they'll give you a free pass. Lol
I decided not to bother with them. They didn't seem to want the extra business when I spoke to them several months ago.
I gave it to some other lenders. My household generates around $1000 a month just in mobile phone bills.
Message 102 of 117
SBR249
Established Contributor

AFAIK, the geo restrictions are only on membership. Once you are a member, you can still get their products even if you don't live in AZ. I applied for my Connect Rewards VS 2 weeks ago and was approved even though I'm on the East Coast the whole time. I called in to ask a question and the CSR first told me that I don't qualify because I don't live in AZ but then said it was OK if I'm already a member. 

Edit: I don't think using a friend's address would help unless you can show proof that you receive mail at that address. IIRC when I signed up for membership last Dec, they asked for a bank statement or something with my address on it. I'm guess they still want proof of address in that form. So I guess if you can switch your bank account address to a friend, get a statement, then apply with that statement then it may be done? 

Message 103 of 117
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Dang, I really want this card so bad... Now, I don't mind flying to AZ, its just that if I go to the DMV over there, do VW require a driver liscense or just a AZ ID?
Message 104 of 117
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@TheBoondocks, I've seen a couple instances where additional information was required as proof of residence if the original documents were perceived as sketchy to Vantage West. So, for all intents and purposes, they may require state ID as well. YEMV.
Message 105 of 117
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

That means I gotta give up my CA ID and liscense and push $400 or whatever it is just to transfer omg...
Message 106 of 117
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

So, ask yourself, is it worth going through all of those hoops given other comparable products in the marketplace.

Is it an attractive product? Absolutely. But, at what price? Ultimately, you can determine that of course.
Message 107 of 117
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Moral of the story, its better to join a CU when you first notice it if you can, it will be worth it in the end when you overlook it.

True, maybe one day I'll move to AZ or so.
Message 108 of 117
SBR249
Established Contributor

@TheBoondocks wrote:
Dang, I really want this card so bad... Now, I don't mind flying to AZ, its just that if I go to the DMV over there, do VW require a driver liscense or just a AZ ID?

Given the address verification documentation requirements I've seen from VW, I'd say if you can show a utility or bank statement at an AZ address dated within the last 30-60 days you'd be OK. When they asked me to verify my address last year (before the geo-restriction), that was all they asked for. 

Message 109 of 117
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Dang, you just relief the stress for me bro lol
Message 110 of 117
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.