Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5% cash back on everything - Citi Simplicity

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 5% cash back on everything - Citi Simplicity

That's a good offer. Sadly citi closed my simplicty card when things got rough. To their credit though, they let me keep the best buy card so in my case two accounts with them was pushing it.
Message 11 of 18
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

I don't get it when Citi does this though. They do it with Simplicity and sometimes Diamond Preferred. I never understand why they make them "sometimes" cash back cards but usually pretty useless. Why not offer a base of 1% all the time in addition to the occasional bonuses?

They bait potential customers for their benefit -- not the benefit of the consumers.  It's like a sign on bonus or the subsidy that wireless carriers offer new and renewing customers or the offers that cable and satellite providers offer.  It's marketing.  Enough people bite that it works for Citi.

Message 12 of 18
lvallejox
Contributor

I probably got targeted because I have only made one swipe with it since I got it a year ago. It's been carrying a balance on the 0% interest the whole time. Am guessing they'll make money off people past the intro rate who will max it out and pay them interest.

It's good seeing these types of promos on useless cards. Makes us want to leave it open after the 0% intro.
Message 13 of 18
lvallejox
Contributor

Forgot to mention, 10% cash back in everything if you pay with APPLE PAY until 6/30/15.
Message 14 of 18
LuckyBird
Regular Contributor

I just logged in to see if I had that offer.  I have Simplicity and Double Cash. 

I don't have it.  But I do have, for the 1st time I've noticed, free Equifax credit score with my DC.  It says they're offering it to select

customers and will be updating it every month.

The score it's showing me says it's from info in my EQ report on March 24.  But I'm POSITIVE this wasn't there 3 days ago, the last time I logged in.

Am I correct that no one else offers EQ?  Seems like everybody else is TU or EXP.

Chase Sapphire Reserve $30,000 | Amex BCP $30,000 | Discover It $30,000 | Citi Simp $16,500 | NFCU Cash Rewards $14,400 | Citi DC $9,800 | Chase Freedom $9,000 | VS $4,100 | Kohl's $3,000 | Loft $3,000

EQ 823 ~ TU 817 ~ EXP 808 | ITG since 8/24/2016
Message 15 of 18
lvallejox
Contributor

The free citi eq started January.
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lvallejox wrote:
received an email and a letter in the mail about a 5% cash back on everything until 6/30/2015 on my Citi Simplicity. Anyone else receive this promo ?

I did. I think it's a good idea. I'm still in my introductory period. Thanks Citi!!

Message 17 of 18
Involver
Valued Contributor

Any caps on spending?

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.