Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 figure CLI Amex 61 days CLI?

tag
distantarray
Established Contributor

5 figure CLI Amex 61 days CLI?

I was wondering if anyone had good luck with requesting a $5,000 credit limit or more and getting 3x increase without a financial review.

I see $1,000 credit cards getting $3,000 , but how about my $5,500 going to $16,500? =) it would still be lower than my Navy CL by $500 but how much would you ask for? loland how many successes with a high limit

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: 5 figure CLI Amex 61 days CLI?

It doesn't hurt to ask. They will counter if they want to offer you less. It seems like FRs being triggered via CLI occur when total credit exposure exceeds $35k.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 16
distantarray
Established Contributor

I think I'll wait past 61 days cause I just charged $15,000 on my Navy LOL, cause I used the convient check to put down on a house LOL, since I needed extra $15,000 cash to put down on a house for a cash only offer =)   once they see I charge $15,000 on my Navy and paid it off completely it should reflect very good , since my Navy interest rates are cheaper than most people's mortgages a few years ago it should be fun =)

I'll pay it off completely in about 3 months.

Message 3 of 16
DesertLife
Regular Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

It doesn't hurt to ask. They will counter if they want to offer you less. It seems like FRs being triggered via CLI occur when total credit exposure exceeds $35k.

When you say total credit exposure, do you mean the CL for that one card exceeding $35k, or the total amount of credit you have among all banks (which is what I presume)?

Started out with a 648 EQ in 2018, finally got to 850 FS8 TU | 836 FSU EX in November 2021!
Message 4 of 16
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@DesertLife wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

When you say total credit exposure, do you mean the CL for that one card exceeding $35k, or the total amount of credit you have among all banks (which is what I presume)?

Total credit among AMEX. For example you have a BCP at 25k and an SPG at 7,500, requesting 3x on SPG may trigger FR.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 5 of 16
Dustink
Valued Contributor

[Deleted[

Message 6 of 16
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

I think I'll wait past 61 days cause I just charged $15,000 on my Navy LOL, cause I used the convient check to put down on a house LOL, since I needed extra $15,000 cash to put down on a house for a cash only offer =)   once they see I charge $15,000 on my Navy and paid it off completely it should reflect very good , since my Navy interest rates are cheaper than most people's mortgages a few years ago it should be fun =)

I'll pay it off completely in about 3 months.

Sounds like a good plan.

Message 7 of 16
distantarray
Established Contributor

yea it should reflect good that I can manage a $15,000 balance fairly quickly, even at the time frame that keeps amex happy Smiley Wink since they don't like people carrying large balances for past 3 months even on their credit cards.

Message 8 of 16
tray
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@DesertLife wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Total credit among AMEX. For example you have a BCP at 25k and an SPG at 7,500, requesting 3x on SPG may trigger FR.

Do you know someone who was actually triggered for a fr, or is there a recent thread about this issue, reason why I am asking in a few days I am going to request a cli on my amex costco and i have a bcp cl of 22K, thanks for any information.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 9 of 16
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@tray wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@DesertLife wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Do you know someone who was actually triggered for a fr, or is there a recent thread about this issue, reason why I am asking in a few days I am going to request a cli on my amex costco and i have a bcp cl of 22K, thanks for any information.

It is all hearsay from various boards online. Your experience may vary. There is no set criteria for FR.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.