Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5% on Gas CC

tag
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

Re: 5% on Gas CC

The Sears Citi MasterCard actually also gives 5% back in gas, though the CB is given in the form of ShopYourWay points. They will basically convert to CB if you purchase anything from sears or ShopYourWay though.

[2/2019]
Message 11 of 47
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

As mentioned, for Costco, you can only use Visa in US, and Mastercard in Canada. You have to have at least one of each if you frequent Costco in either country. Also, I believe Costco is a YMMV station, especially since some specifically exclude Costco from gas purchases.

For the Sam's Club, most probably not going to work. There was actually a time when they did not even include their own warehouse gas stations

Message 12 of 47
zerofire
Valued Contributor

I wonder what would happen if someone got a Citi Costco Visa and took it to Canada. Trying to buy Costco merchandise up there would cause quite the stir.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 13 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing that would happen if a Canadian wanted to use his CapOne Costco MasterCard at a U.S. Costco store. "I'm sorry sir, we don't accept that card type here, you'll need to pay with a Visa (in the US) or a MasterCard (in Canada).
Message 14 of 47
OmarR
Established Contributor

@zerofire wrote:

I wonder what would happen if someone got a Citi Costco Visa and took it to Canada. Trying to buy Costco merchandise up there would cause quite the stir.

No stir.

It happens exactly as cpaynter described. If it's a refund, than a currency equivalent is calculated and its a cash refund or refund onto a cash card.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 15 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update from my side.... I just realized Ducks Unlimited has foreign transaction fee for 3%, which means 2% if I use it in Canadian pumps.  Can't find any info regarding foreign transaction fee for Ft. Knox Platinum Visa.  If both CCs has fees, then I may have to go with PenFed Platinum Rewards.  Is there any instances that FNBO may waive the foreign transaction fee?

Message 16 of 47
OmarR
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just an update from my side.... I just realized Ducks Unlimited has foreign transaction fee for 3%, which means 2% if I use it in Canadian pumps.  Can't find any info regarding foreign transaction fee for Ft. Knox Platinum Visa.  If both CCs has fees, then I may have to go with PenFed Platinum Rewards.  Is there any instances that FNBO may waive the foreign transaction fee?

No foreign transaction fee for Ft. Knox Platinum Visa.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 17 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA AMEX Cashback Rewards Plus is 5% on gas and base.

Message 18 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OmarR wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No foreign transaction fee for Ft. Knox Platinum Visa.

Thanks for the input!  That will be my next one then...

Message 19 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

USAA AMEX Cashback Rewards Plus is 5% on gas and base.

Already have but I couldn't even use it on Costco gas and on my Alaska (Canada part) road trip unfortunately...

Message 20 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.