cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5% on Gas CC

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Established Contributor

Re: 5% on Gas CC

The Sears Citi MasterCard actually also gives 5% back in gas, though the CB is given in the form of ShopYourWay points. They will basically convert to CB if you purchase anything from sears or ShopYourWay though.


[2/2019]
Message 11 of 47
Frequent Contributor

Re: 5% on Gas CC

As mentioned, for Costco, you can only use Visa in US, and Mastercard in Canada. You have to have at least one of each if you frequent Costco in either country. Also, I believe Costco is a YMMV station, especially since some specifically exclude Costco from gas purchases.

 

For the Sam's Club, most probably not going to work. There was actually a time when they did not even include their own warehouse gas stations

 

 



Message 12 of 47
Established Contributor

Re: 5% on Gas CC

I wonder what would happen if someone got a Citi Costco Visa and took it to Canada. Trying to buy Costco merchandise up there would cause quite the stir.

TU:795 10/08/18 Synchrony--EX: 758 10/26/18 Discover--EQ:810 09/25/18 Citi--Gardening since 10/15/18
Active:
Bank of America (Bankamericard M, Better Balance Rewards M, Cash Rewards VS), Blispay V, Capital One Quicksilver VSC, Chase(AARP VSC, Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom VSC), Citi Dividend M, Citizens GreenSense M, Discover It, FedEx Employee Credit Association V(Pending Close?), FNBO Ducks Unlimited VS, PenFed Platinum Rewards VSC, Synchrony Bank(PayPal Credit, PayPal 2% Cashback M, Walmart M), US Bank Cash+ VS
Wishlist: Barclaycard Uber, Bellco Colorado Rewards, EBates, Marvel, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, PenFed Pathfinder, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, UMB Bank Simply Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards, Wells Fargo Propel
Message 13 of 47
Established Contributor

Re: 5% on Gas CC

Same thing that would happen if a Canadian wanted to use his CapOne Costco MasterCard at a U.S. Costco store. "I'm sorry sir, we don't accept that card type here, you'll need to pay with a Visa (in the US) or a MasterCard (in Canada).
Message 14 of 47
Frequent Contributor

Re: 5% on Gas CC


@zerofire wrote:

I wonder what would happen if someone got a Citi Costco Visa and took it to Canada. Trying to buy Costco merchandise up there would cause quite the stir.


No stir.

 

It happens exactly as cpaynter described. If it's a refund, than a currency equivalent is calculated and its a cash refund or refund onto a cash card.

    EQ=846        TU=834        EX=822      INQ=0/0/2      UTIL=1%        AZEO
Message 15 of 47
Regular Contributor

Re: 5% on Gas CC

Just an update from my side.... I just realized Ducks Unlimited has foreign transaction fee for 3%, which means 2% if I use it in Canadian pumps.  Can't find any info regarding foreign transaction fee for Ft. Knox Platinum Visa.  If both CCs has fees, then I may have to go with PenFed Platinum Rewards.  Is there any instances that FNBO may waive the foreign transaction fee?

Credit Cards


----------------------------------------------------------------------
Loans


----------------------------------------------------------------------
Future CCs
Ducks Unlimited V, PenFed Pathfinder Rewards AMEX, BB Americas Platinum Plus, NFCU Platinum
Message 16 of 47
Frequent Contributor

Re: 5% on Gas CC


@kwulfe wrote:

Just an update from my side.... I just realized Ducks Unlimited has foreign transaction fee for 3%, which means 2% if I use it in Canadian pumps.  Can't find any info regarding foreign transaction fee for Ft. Knox Platinum Visa.  If both CCs has fees, then I may have to go with PenFed Platinum Rewards.  Is there any instances that FNBO may waive the foreign transaction fee?


No foreign transaction fee for Ft. Knox Platinum Visa.

    EQ=846        TU=834        EX=822      INQ=0/0/2      UTIL=1%        AZEO
Message 17 of 47
Regular Contributor

Re: 5% on Gas CC

USAA AMEX Cashback Rewards Plus is 5% on gas and base.

Message 18 of 47
Regular Contributor

Re: 5% on Gas CC


@OmarR wrote:

@kwulfe wrote:

Just an update from my side.... I just realized Ducks Unlimited has foreign transaction fee for 3%, which means 2% if I use it in Canadian pumps.  Can't find any info regarding foreign transaction fee for Ft. Knox Platinum Visa.  If both CCs has fees, then I may have to go with PenFed Platinum Rewards.  Is there any instances that FNBO may waive the foreign transaction fee?


No foreign transaction fee for Ft. Knox Platinum Visa.


Thanks for the input!  That will be my next one then...

Credit Cards


----------------------------------------------------------------------
Loans


----------------------------------------------------------------------
Future CCs
Ducks Unlimited V, PenFed Pathfinder Rewards AMEX, BB Americas Platinum Plus, NFCU Platinum
Message 19 of 47
Regular Contributor

Re: 5% on Gas CC


@navyitaly wrote:

USAA AMEX Cashback Rewards Plus is 5% on gas and base.


Already have but I couldn't even use it on Costco gas and on my Alaska (Canada part) road trip unfortunately...

Credit Cards


----------------------------------------------------------------------
Loans


----------------------------------------------------------------------
Future CCs
Ducks Unlimited V, PenFed Pathfinder Rewards AMEX, BB Americas Platinum Plus, NFCU Platinum
Message 20 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.