cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$5 statement credit from AMEX for every $25 BP gas purchase if you sync you account with twitter

tag
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

Re: $5 statement credit from AMEX for every $25 BP gas purchase if you sync you account with twitter

Here in the Dallas/Ft Worth area (Texas), we don't have BP stations. However, I did find the mentioned $5.00 off $30.00 under my offers last Saturday & took full advantage. There is also another offer for $5.00 off $5.00 or more at Murphy Gas stations, so DOUBLE score for me !

SisterGirl

SisterGirl
Message 11 of 43
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: $5 statement credit from AMEX for every $25 BP gas purchase if you sync you account with twitter

Amex replied to my question:

Thanks for your inquiry.

With the Amex BP offer, you are able to save $5.00 on each purchase you make in the amount of $25.00+.

This offer is good until 12/31/2013, so feel free to save on the gas!

So, it really is multiple statement credits.

Message 12 of 43
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 13 of 43
Beane
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Amex replied to my question:

Thanks for your inquiry.

With the Amex BP offer, you are able to save $5.00 on each purchase you make in the amount of $25.00+.

This offer is good until 12/31/2013, so feel free to save on the gas!

So, it really is multiple statement credits.

Great news!  Thanks for checking on that.  With all the holiday traveling I should make some serious cash back with this deal.

FICO EQ: 733 TU: 727 CS FAKO EX: 737                                                                                               In the garden since 5/9/13
Message 14 of 43
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

So, having confirmed the offer, I gleefully set off for a local BP station that I had never used.   To my surprise, it was full service, with ancient pumps that don't take credit cards.  Still, no matter.  Turned out that the charge for filling was exactly $25, yay!

When I got home, I checked on the Amex site:  Charge is from "A GETTY ON RT 9 INC", mmm, wonder if that is recognized as BP?  Then, Category: Transportation - Auto Services, so now I think I will get 1% and not even 3%.   Should have gone to my normal station and used my 5% card!

Message 15 of 43
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 16 of 43
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

Used mine this past weekend at Exxon and got the $5 cash back! Yay! Every little bit helps!

Message 17 of 43
john398
Senior Contributor

@SisterGirl wrote:

Here in the Dallas/Ft Worth area (Texas), we don't have BP stations. However, I did find the mentioned $5.00 off $30.00 under my offers last Saturday & took full advantage. There is also another offer for $5.00 off $5.00 or more at Murphy Gas stations, so DOUBLE score for me !

SisterGirl

Long time no talk SisterGirl, I saw the murphys one too, need to go see for the $5 off $30

Loving my BCE

Message 18 of 43
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

I would love to take advantage of this promo! But when I login to Amex, and click on my offers, I have no offers Smiley Sad Is there a way to get this to show up?

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 19 of 43
Beane
Regular Contributor

@mountainmom wrote:

I would love to take advantage of this promo! But when I login to Amex, and click on my offers, I have no offers Smiley Sad Is there a way to get this to show up?

It is explained in the slickdeals post I linked.  To get the deal you sync your twitter account with your amex account and tweet #AmexBP for the BP deal  or #AmexExxonMobil for the ExxonMobil one.  Once that happens they will be on your account, but only if they are synced.

FICO EQ: 733 TU: 727 CS FAKO EX: 737                                                                                               In the garden since 5/9/13
Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.