Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50 k later and so confused capital one quicksilver

tag
creditismyhobby
Established Member

50 k later and so confused capital one quicksilver

Like many other have said I have a bucket card that I can not get a increase on. So I thought let me see if there is a breaking point I can confirm after running 50k through a $1100 limt card there is no breaking point am I the only one truly confused by this? 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 50 k later and so confused capital one quicksilver

How long have you had it? Do you have other cards besides QS? What are the reasons cited every time the CLI requests get declined?

I would hope you have other cards that can earn you substantially better rewards on $50K annual spending than a bucketed QS 🥸

Message 2 of 21
Remedios
Credit Mentor

If you're running $50K though QS, you're doing it wrong. 

There is part of me that wants to type *why lawd, why* in caps with multiple questions marks and at least three exclamation points. 

Message 3 of 21
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

@creditismyhobby wrote:

Like many other have said I have a bucket card that I can not get a increase on. So I thought let me see if there is a breaking point I can confirm after running 50k through a $1100 limt card there is no breaking point am I the only one truly confused by this? 

I applaud your persistence! I ran about $18k through my Quicksilver in a year and a half, in an attempt to get a higher limit and learn about Capital One's rules for CLIs. Sounds like you had similar goals, but 2-3 times as much commitment as me. 🙂

It's true that I earned fewer rewards from that spend than I could have earned on other cards, but to me it was worth it at the time. (Similar to how the value I get from knowing my scores is, to me, worth the cost of an MF subscription.) I eventually reached a point where I prioritized rewards, and my QS has been sockdrawered ever since, but I'm glad I engaged in the exercise. 

Like you, I find many aspects of CapOne's CLI process baffling. Thanks for trying so hard to break out of your bucket, and for sharing the results with us!

Message 4 of 21
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Why put that much spend on a bucketed card ?

Apply for a better rewards Cap 1 card like the Venture products.

You may be surprised that the SL well exceeds your current bucketed card!

Message 5 of 21
jcooks
Established Contributor

Cap One CLI's are like my girlfriend, I stopped trying to understand why, never question, and just nod and accept the fact that I will never win.

Message 6 of 21
Remedios
Credit Mentor

anna-kendrick-confused.gif

Message 7 of 21
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Me waiting for my next cap 1 cli

Thats a before and after pic.

Me on the right when i got my QS

Me on the left after i wore my body down to the nub while swiping in hopes of a cli

demotivators_picdump_14.jpg

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 8 of 21
creditismyhobby
Established Member

It was more of a adventure whether it could be done I wasn't really thinking that there were better cards out there why am I doing this it was more like what would happen if I do this? So I figured what the hell I'll try

Message 9 of 21
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@creditismyhobby wrote:

It was more of a adventure whether it could be done I wasn't really thinking that there were better cards out there why am I doing this it was more like what would happen if I do this? So I figured what the hell I'll try

Yes, that's what I told the police when I [deleted on advice of lawyer].   It's not THAT bad but spending $50K on a 1.5% card vs even a 2% card comes to a cost of $250.    Which is a little steep to find out it didn't work, but each to their own.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.