Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5th3rd secured card question

tag
neptunejcw
Regular Contributor

5th3rd secured card question

I've had a 5th3rd secured card for about 4yrs & 6monthsm.Ive built my credit up since I've got it, I've gotten other cards scores are in the 710 range. I want to close the card & get my deposit back, it's way overdue...Has anyone ever heard of any bank just unsecuring the card , instead of me closing that tradeline after I pay it to a 0$ balance...
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 5th3rd secured card question

@neptunejcw wrote:
I've had a 5th3rd secured card for about 4yrs & 6monthsm.Ive built my credit up since I've got it, I've gotten other cards scores are in the 710 range. I want to close the card & get my deposit back, it's way overdue...Has anyone ever heard of any bank just unsecuring the card , instead of me closing that tradeline after I pay it to a 0$ balance...

There are banks that will convert a secured to a non secured, not sure of this bank. I would give em a call and see what they can do for you on it. I have a 5/3 unsecured cash rewards card.

Message 2 of 5
neptunejcw
Regular Contributor

How do you like the rewards? Also do they give good credit limits?
Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@neptunejcw wrote:
How do you like the rewards? Also do they give good credit limits?

Meh, its a low quality reward card 2% on a few items 1% all else variety but they are solid from what I understand they dont play CL games like other banks do. The CL was fine for my income CL is 7.5K and card was pre approved with 150 bonus for 500 spend in 90 days and 1 year 0% on purchases. It fit into what I was looking for at the time as far as time finance.

Message 4 of 5
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

You might do well to like suggested above just call, ask them and go from there.

If it happens that's it better for you to simply close it, get refunded and reapply for a new one and I would wager a pretty good guess that you would be approved for anywhere from 5.5K to & 7.5K

They do Instant Approvals if qualified.

Good Luck

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.