cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 months history clean equifax. What cards can I get?

tag
TsuSurf
Contributor

Re: 6 months history clean equifax. What cards can I get?

@jconvinced wrote:

Didn't see your other post.  But yes you are most likely correct.  I'm trying to be patient.  I'm going to check my scores and go from there in Dec.  I also want Walmart card so I might just apply for that then garden for 6 more months and try prime lender then.  Thanks for your help.

Update!  Checked my EQ score tonight and it is a 707!  I'm very excited.  I've been working really hard to fix my credit and I finally have a score to reflect that.  I'm looking to get one more card then garden for a little bit.  I'm going to stay away from Discover and Walmart for a while until I get these 2 collections removed since they are strong TU pullers.  May anyone recommend an EQ puller card that I can get with 6 months history, 707 fico, and no baddies on EQ.  Citi?

Message 41 of 47
ntx
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the score!  Smiley Happy

You might consider the DCU ( dcu.org ) Visa - they pull EQ.

FICO 8 as of March 27, 2024:
Message 42 of 47
TsuSurf
Contributor

@ntx wrote:

Congrats on the score!  Smiley Happy

You might consider the DCU ( dcu.org ) Visa - they pull EQ.

Thanks I will check them out.  Anybody else? You think chase will give me a shot with 6 months credit length?

Message 43 of 47
ntx
Regular Contributor

Chase pulled EX for me (in TX).

From what I've seen around here from others, I'd wait for a year of history for Chase.

FICO 8 as of March 27, 2024:
Message 44 of 47
TsuSurf
Contributor

@ntx wrote:

From what I've seen around here from others, I'd wait for a year of history for Chase.

I've had Chase checking for 2-3 years would that help me any or should I just wait 6 months.

Message 45 of 47
eviLution
Established Contributor

DCU was gonna give me 2k limit platinum visa, but only gave 1.5k after I sent in my paystub. i only make about 17k a year Smiley Sad

I was still happy with it cuz I got my first unsecured cc the day I got my 5th statement from Capital One Secured ($600 CL).

no baddies, clear report.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 46 of 47
HiLine
Blogger

@jconvinced wrote:

@ntx wrote:

I've had Chase checking for 2-3 years would that help me any or should I just wait 6 months.

If you have more than 10k in your checking account you should be good. Even if you don't have as much, that long of a history should help.

Message 47 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.