Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

61 Day AMEX CLI

tag
DrJim
Frequent Contributor

61 Day AMEX CLI

Just to add to the growing knowledge of AMEX 60 day CLI's.  I opened a Gold Card with them a year ago, and in May I added the Delta Skymiles card with a 2K CL.  I called in today, the 61st day and requested an increase of $4K to $6K based on the three times the amount figure found on this forum.  It was automatically granted and available 15 minutes later.  Too easy!  I'll ask for another increase in 6 months because I want to use this as my daily card.  I have a WF with an $11K CL and a NFCU with $10K.

Starting Score: TU 672 EQ 654 10/20/09
Current Score: TU 775 EQ 783 EX 799 (PLUS)
AMEX Delta Platinum $35K, NFCU Visa Signature $30K, HHonors Reserve Visa $35K, WF $13.5K, IHG Rewards Club MC $25K
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Re: 61 Day AMEX CLI

Do you keep a balance or have a balance report DrJim?

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 2 of 11
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

@ArisGreek wrote:

Do you keep a balance or have a balance report DrJim?

Not to make things confusing, but when I got mine (4k to 7k on Blue Cash Everyday) I had never carried a balance - I let my balance post and then I PIFed every month.

Message 3 of 11
koalas123
Valued Member

Just to add to the thread, Amex also gave me a CLI after 60 days ( 7.7K to 15K ).

Message 4 of 11
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Koalas...was that automatic, or did you ask??

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 11
DrJim
Frequent Contributor

I PIF each month on all my cards.

Not sure why they started me with such a low CL.  I had been with them almost a year.  $175K household income and no debt.  Want to get this up to use as my everyday card for the miles.  I live in Atlanta, Delta's home, and I travel a lot for work and pleasure.  Want the miles.  Maybe because of my other cards and limits?

Anyway, glad to have it and glad to have a $6K cl now.

Starting Score: TU 672 EQ 654 10/20/09
Current Score: TU 775 EQ 783 EX 799 (PLUS)
AMEX Delta Platinum $35K, NFCU Visa Signature $30K, HHonors Reserve Visa $35K, WF $13.5K, IHG Rewards Club MC $25K
Message 6 of 11
koalas123
Valued Member

Hi Bungalow,

I was using the automated system that came up when I called in to request a product change to the newer Blue Cash everyday card.

Message 7 of 11
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Gotcha...I just called a few days ago & got the blue everyday upgrade as well.  I never heard the increase prompt on the phone...

...maybe I'll call back! Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 11
koalas123
Valued Member

Ahh... I dunno whether it was a prompt or not.  It could have just been option in their menu. 

Message 9 of 11
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@koalas123 wrote:

Ahh... I dunno whether it was a prompt or not.  It could have just been option in their menu. 

Gotcha....hey, did they do a hard inq to give you the cli??

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.