Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

623 to 700....Please help

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: 623 to 700....Please help

@candiigraham wrote:

Burned2many.........I'm sorry -  What is AA? The cards that have no usage, should be closed or buy something for $20 and pay off? what is garden?

AA = Average Age of Accounts

Yes buy something small and wait for bill and pay it off... because not only do you chance them being closed but they will also go inactive on credit report and although report may not factor in correctly and you need all the extra available credit you can while paying down other balances.

garden = no applications... tend to the cards you have to make them the prettiest they can = PAID OFF!

Message 11 of 16
candiigraham
Established Member

Thanks everyone! Going to start paying of the one with highest interest first - which is the paypal  - it has 26.99% APR.  The discover & amazon are still at 0% APR for a couple of months. I can have the 3 paid off in 6 months or should I try to pay off sooner?

Message 12 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@candiigraham wrote:

Thanks everyone! Going to start paying of the one with highest interest first - which is the paypal  - it has 26.99% APR.  The discover & amazon are still at 0% APR for a couple of months. I can have the 3 paid off in 6 months or should I try to pay off sooner?

well the answer will always be yes if you can... but if you can set yourself the goal of 6 months and then do it in 5 wouldn't that feel great... don't set it for 3 and need 5 and feel like you failed it and stop working on paying them off... I have done this all to many times myself!

Message 13 of 16
Involver
Valued Contributor

Does "no late payments in the last 6 months" indicate you have lates on your CR prior?

In addition to your high util that would certainly be holding you down.

Message 14 of 16
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

AA = Adverse action. That's when your cc company sees something, could be anything it doesn't like, could be anywhere in your credit report, not just on your account with them. They could close your card, lower your credit line, etc.

BTW, AAoA = Average age of accounts, which is important, too. But it's AA you need to look out for and your most likely cause of that, as others have said, is having such high utilization on so many cards.

Welcome and good luck!

Message 15 of 16
candiigraham
Established Member

Yes, I had a late payment in June on two cards. Lost part of income.  Gonna shoot to keep on time from now on.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.