cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

685 Equ score app spree or not card options

tag
jasonbond

685 Equ score app spree or not card options

Hey guys i saw a blog about Applying for MULTIPLE credit cards on the SAME day. and in it it said "If you apply for multiple cards on the same day, most banks won’t be able to see the other hard inquiries on your credit, but they can see the inquiries or the effect of the inquiries if not done on the same day."

I am trying to decide on which card to apply for Capital One® QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card looks attractive to me says fair credit needed (according to another site) But has a $39 annual fee. And checked on myfico and put 640-720 score and Blue Sky from American Express and other Amex cards appeear are amex cards hard to get?

Looking to apply today and post back

MTV rewards card $1250 limit a little over 15 months Bankruptcy
Current score 685 Equ
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
SPreb
Regular Contributor

Re: 685 Equ score app spree or not card options

others with Amex will probably chime in, but anything less than 700 is usually iffy. Also, they mostly pull Exp. If you dont mind sharing, what does your file look like in terms of baddies, util, AAoA etc. Also, you may want to check Exp if you are thinking of apping for Amex

Starting Score: 620 Current Score: 709 Goal Score: 720
Gardening from 9/28/2013. Target: March 2014
Message 2 of 25
jasonbond

Haven't pulled Exp scores yet just Equ $1250 limit right now balance is $358 about to pay that balance off. school loan $1600 bankruptcy about 15 months ago. No late payments on this card at all or school loan. I actually make payments on the card multiple times a month.

Current score 685 Equ
Message 3 of 25
SPreb
Regular Contributor

I would try Cap1. If you dont want to pay the annual fee I would try the Platinum. There is no annual fee the first year. Some people have had success getting it waived or PCed after a year. Good luck!!

Starting Score: 620 Current Score: 709 Goal Score: 720
Gardening from 9/28/2013. Target: March 2014
Message 4 of 25
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@jasonbond wrote:

Hey guys i saw a blog about Applying for MULTIPLE credit cards on the SAME day. and in it it said "If you apply for multiple cards on the same day, most banks won’t be able to see the other hard inquiries on your credit, but they can see the inquiries or the effect of the inquiries if not done on the same day."

I am trying to decide on which card to apply for Capital One® QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card looks attractive to me says fair credit needed (according to another site) But has a $39 annual fee. And checked on myfico and put 640-720 score and Blue Sky from American Express and other Amex cards appeear are amex cards hard to get?

Looking to apply today and post back

I think what they meant was to apply for more than one cc with the same company.  Once you apply for credit the inquires go on i pretty quickly.  I think what can be done is if you have two applications open at the same time and hit apply at the same time maybe one wouldn't see the other.

if your worried about a company seeing inquires why don't you apply for cards that tend to pull from different agencies?  Remember with companies like Amex, Chase, Citi if your a borderline approval they might pull your report from more than one CRA.

Message 5 of 25
jasonbond

Do you mean find CC's that pull from different CA like capital one pulls from lets say Equ and Amex from tran... (not saying that these are the CA they pull from its just example)

"if your worried about a company seeing inquires why don't you apply for cards that tend to pull from different agencies?"

What cards pull 1 inquiry? I've heard capital one pulls from all 3.

Current score 685 Equ
Message 6 of 25
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Not sure what blog you were referring to but hard inquiries happen in real time. The only way that a lender will not see the other inq's is if you spread your inq's across the different CRAs . This tactic only works if you know for sure which report they pull and if you won't be double or triple pulled. Cap 1 pulls all 3. Amex prim pulls Ex but will pull 3 if borderline. You mention that you are -5 mos post bk. Amex is not bk friendly. You are looking at sy least 5 more years before Amex will approve your app.

I suggest trying some of the pre qual sites -Chase and Citi will probably be a decline this close to a bk. You have a history with Barclays, you might want to look at another Barclays cc or GE card.
Message 7 of 25
jasonbond

I am 15 months not 5 months post BK.I had a Barclays card during my BK it had a balance on it. Also Discover i think it was $0 balance not sure (maybe $200) Chase was $0 balance during BK. but i am looking for a site that shows which CA CC pull from. so i can try appying

Current score 685 Equ
Message 8 of 25
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

15 months or 5 months, you are still a high risk to most major lenders. The window for major derogs such as a bk is at least 3-4 years. Companies like Amex will approve with it on your report but usually they are less forgiving.

Are your Chase and Discover accounts still open?

You can try whogavemecredit.com but those results are not a guarantee
Message 9 of 25
jasonbond

No because all accounts are closed automatically after BK

Current score 685 Equ
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.