Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7-10 day message- sportsmans guide

tag
stefnian0426
Regular Contributor

7-10 day message- sportsmans guide

As much as i wanted the shopping cart trick to work, it didn't and i decided to go ahead and apply for the sportsmans guide card. It is def. one we would use often.

I applied and got the 7-10 day message and yes, a little disappointed.

Last time i checked (about 2 months ago) my scores were 643, 640, 638. Since then, i have paid all cards/bills on time (before due date) and currently have 16% uti.

Has anyone else got this message but ended up recieving the card. I have only 1 inq. this year- back in jan. 1 other one from little over a year ago.

(i also have 4 other cards through comenity if that makes a difference)

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CardHunter
Established Contributor

Re: 7-10 day message- sportsmans guide

I wouldn't let it get you down, I would give Comenity a call... This is one of the cards I am shooting for myself, this and the TR cards and I can't get the pop up to work for me but I had the pop up for HSN and went for it and got $1,500 yesterday so I am going to wait a couple of months (if I can lol) and wait on Sportsmans guide little pop up suprise me one day, I hope soon. Good luck to you!

Message 2 of 7
stefnian0426
Regular Contributor

I called in but they said i need to wait.

I am hoping that it is just a mix up with my name. I got married about a year ago but my old name is showing on i think 2 CB"s.. maybe all 3.

We will see. Hopefully i was approved. I hate wasting inquries! lol

Hope the shopping cart trick works for you!!

Message 3 of 7
CardHunter
Established Contributor

Thank you and my fingers are crossed that you get that card! Good Luck!

Message 4 of 7
One7
Valued Contributor

From what I read in the forums here the shopping cart trick won't pop up for this card unless your scores are 690 + and that held true for me as well, I tried for over a year and it finally popped up for me once my scores got over 700. But seeing how you just straight applied for the card the situation is different and I wouldn't get down about it just yet, I bet you have a good chance of getting it. Good luck, I hope you get it

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 5 of 7
stefnian0426
Regular Contributor

Thank you everyone however it was denied.

As i recently got married and called the CB's to tell them about my name change. I guess they didn't change it.

I got denied because of..

unable to verify credit history

limited credit history

excessive new accounts recently opened

Not sure about the excessive new accounts. I had 4 new accounts opened back in jan 2014. all comenity cards.

1 mandees (store app)  vs, and 2 kingsizedirect from the shopping cart trick (they messed up and gave me two credit cards)... Is that excessive?

My aaoa is a little over 2 years. credit score  EQ-641

Message 6 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@stefnian0426 wrote:

Thank you everyone however it was denied.

As i recently got married and called the CB's to tell them about my name change. I guess they didn't change it.

I got denied because of..

unable to verify credit history

limited credit history

excessive new accounts recently opened

Not sure about the excessive new accounts. I had 4 new accounts opened back in jan 2014. all comenity cards.

1 mandees (store app)  vs, and 2 kingsizedirect from the shopping cart trick (they messed up and gave me two credit cards)... Is that excessive?

My aaoa is a little over 2 years. credit score  EQ-641

Sorry for the denial but on a thin file with 4 new TLs- yes that is excessive. In addition to 4 new TLs, they are all with the same lender. give them sometime to see how you handle the credit already extended before applying for more. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.