cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7-10 day message usually means a decline?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

7-10 day message usually means a decline?

So i applied for a Visa through my bank on their website and i got the 7-10 message does that usually mean i was declined? Or have people been approved after the 7-10 period?
Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52
DI
Super Contributor

Re: 7-10 day message usually means a decline?

@Anonymous wrote:
So i applied for a Visa through my bank on their website and i got the 7-10 message does that usually mean i was declined? Or have people been approved after the 7-10 period?

Welcome to the forum.   As creditwherecreditisdue always says...recon.   A 7-10 days  message doesn't mean decline. There may be a few things the computer picked that needs a closer look.  

Message 2 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should i wait the 7-10 days for the letter before calling? Not sure why i wouldnt be approved.

I have good credit 700+ last time i checked. I already have a Discover More card with a 9500 CL, AmEx Gold and Chase Freedom with 5000 CL. Only balance i have is is on the Discover for 300 that will be PIF when the statement drops. No lates and no baddies.

Message Edited by IIIII on 11-08-2009 08:15 PM
Message 3 of 53
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

You haven't let us know what product you applied for. Regardless it is OK to call.

Message 4 of 53
marty56
Super Contributor

I know its hard but I would wait until I received a letter from them.  Can you post which bank you are dealing with so members here who have delt with them can help advise.  Sounds stupid but I might have a friend call your bank and ask them about their policy and how long it takes for an answer and if they offer instant approval.  These days, CCCs sdont need much of a reason to deny credit so I would be stealthy.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 5 of 53
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Chase often gives the 7-10 day bit and then approves. Yes, I know some have gotten instant, but many more of us had to do the limbo thing.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im sorry, its a Visa Platinum from Arvest Bank. I'll give them a call later today.

Message 7 of 53
DI
Super Contributor

Wait for the letter.  No need to call without a decision being made yet.
Message 8 of 53
thedaveytrain
Valued Member

Not to be a downer, but out of all the times Ive gotten the "7-10 day message," I've only been approved once.
01/25/10 - TU 709, EQ 729, EX 705
Message 9 of 53
BP2003
Regular Contributor

I received a 7-10 day response when I applied for both my Discover Motiva (recently changed to More) and Chase Slate (each of these apps were in the past month).  I called immediately after receiving the 7-10 day response, and both times the rep said that there had been a decision on the application. 

Both times were initially denied. 

Both times I asked for a recon, gave additional information on why I wanted the card, explained old derogs (3+ years old) and

Both granted limits of $1500.

They were each concerned about the amount of recent inquiries....my excuse was that I had cards with other companies, and they just jacked my interest rates even after great usage and payment history - so I've shopped around for new CC lenders.  Seemed to have worked.Smiley Wink

Of course YMMV though

***From ashy to classy***
Message 10 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.