cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/5 Update - Marvel Fraud - $16,000!!! - What happened Sync??????

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Marvel Fraud - $16,000!!! - What happened Sync??????

What is even more annoying with synch bank is my banana republic card was immediately reported to ex as closed.
Now I'm assuming since i got the new card they will report it is as a new tradeline? I'm not 100% sure but this used to happen when people would request a new card or report their card lost with synch bank. They usually make me feel like a winner so I guess I can overlook their issues but it's annoying still.
Message 51 of 79
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hit Ex and TU already...scores dropped!!

Screen Shot 2016-06-04 at 8.02.23 PM.png

That should be fixed once you get the new account and they update the reports (should be fairly quickly).   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 52 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

(Update) Re: Marvel Fraud - $16,000!!! - What happened Sync??????

Adding transactions to original post.

Message 53 of 79
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Update 6/7 Marvel Fraud - $16,000!!! - What happened Sync??????

@Anonymous wrote:

Got a phone call yesterday to call into the fraud dept to verify some trasnactions on my account. I called in and the automated system transfered me to a rep after I hit the 3 for not recognizing the trasnaction.

Rep gets on the line...tells me this is her first Fraud issue on the Marvel card, asked me which design...blah blah...she then states that there have been numerous transactions that had posted to my account and wanted to verify. ALL WERE APPROVED FROM INDIA!! either online or phone. What happened Sync???? My biggest transaction was $35ish dollars until now. So me spending thousands over the phone half way around the world is gonna make so much sense? I don't even know what to say. First time ever with fraud and it seems like I was hit hard. Last statement was $501.xx now my balance is over $16,000...all of which was fraud as I didn't use the card after the statement cut. 

New card number coming and so affidavit things. I am gonna make sure I cross my T's and dot my I's on this one.

Screen Shot 2016-06-04 at 1.33.49 PM.png

UPDATE:

Transactions are now visible....here they are

Screen Shot 2016-06-07 at 2.04.44 PM.png

They sure did have fun!

Smiley Surprised They sure did! WOW. How disheartening that Synchrony didn't catch it at the beginning. 

Message 54 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Got a phone call yesterday to call into the fraud dept to verify some trasnactions on my account. I called in and the automated system transfered me to a rep after I hit the 3 for not recognizing the trasnaction.

Rep gets on the line...tells me this is her first Fraud issue on the Marvel card, asked me which design...blah blah...she then states that there have been numerous transactions that had posted to my account and wanted to verify. ALL WERE APPROVED FROM INDIA!! either online or phone. What happened Sync???? My biggest transaction was $35ish dollars until now. So me spending thousands over the phone half way around the world is gonna make so much sense? I don't even know what to say. First time ever with fraud and it seems like I was hit hard. Last statement was $501.xx now my balance is over $16,000...all of which was fraud as I didn't use the card after the statement cut. 

New card number coming and so affidavit things. I am gonna make sure I cross my T's and dot my I's on this one.

UPDATE:

They sure did have fun!

Omg several of these are were charged less than 5km from my house. Never heard of Merrill Lynch in Kuwait and they are my primary investment company. Seems as though an Indian may have compromised your account given the charge locations.

Message 55 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony was probably LOVING those FTFs. Smiley Happy

Message 56 of 79
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

Wow, I don't even work in CC "fraud" but I can see those transactions are clearly FRAUD. Sorry for your troubles OP. Hope you get this resolved soon, can imagine it's a headache.
TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 57 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pretty crazy they managed to do $16k in international charges. Likely has to do with it all being done in 1 day. Synch needs to step up their IT game. Either way though, you won't be liable so all you're really out is some time and a temporary drop in credit scores.

Message 58 of 79
FroggieMom
Regular Contributor

Looks to me like someone padded their investment accounts with your card.  Just kept charging amounts til it was finally declined when you hit your limit.  When (I'm being optimistic) they get caught I'm guessing in addition to credit fraud charges they'll be looking at some sort of investment/FTC charges as well.

And here I've been whining that Sync won't up my WM MC limit lately....think I'll gladly stick with the $6K I've got and be glad I don't have more exposure with a bank not looking out for me.

Sorry this happened to you Smiley Sad

Summer 2018 FICO 8 scores~
Gardening until 2019....at least
Message 59 of 79
Kidcat
Established Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE:

They sure did have fun!

Smiley Surprised They sure did! WOW. How disheartening that Synchrony didn't catch it at the beginning. 

I'm flabbergasted that they let that much go through on 1 day, especially the multiple Merrill Lynch charges.  Major SYNCH fail!!!

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 60 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.