Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

+$700 cli at Macy's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: +$700 cli at Macy's

Hey Fish, Congrats on the $700 increase. I called yesterday and got the same amount.

I got an auto increase 3 months ago and I had not used the card much at all and I wasn't going to call and ask for one. So, I was surprised. They bumped me from $800 to $2500, so now it's sitting at $3200. I love this card. It grows even with little use. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey Fish, Congrats on the $700 increase. I called yesterday and got the same amount.

I got an auto increase 3 months ago and I had not used the card much at all and I wasn't going to call and ask for one. So, I was surprised. They bumped me from $800 to $2500, so now it's sitting at $3200. I love this card. It grows even with little use. Smiley Happy

Nice, nice, nice!!! Congrats!

Sooo... in the interests of research, how long were you at $800 before the bump to $2500 happened? That's a great CLI. Did I mention that I love Macy's?? So annoyed that I called them a day early (today is Day 90, counting from the day AFTER I got my last CLI - apparently it's one day too few!), hopefully they won't think I'm desperate if I call again tomorrow.  

Message 12 of 32
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

sorry to change the subject, someone said Dillards every 3 months??? how who what!!

is the trick to ask for CLI but not ask for an amount? there isn't a luv button is there? 

Message 13 of 32
score_building
Senior Contributor

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 14 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice, nice, nice!!! Congrats!
Sooo... in the interests of research, how long were you at $800 before the bump to $2500 happened? That's a great CLI. Did I mention that I love Macy's?? So annoyed that I called them a day early (today is Day 90, counting from the day AFTER I got my last CLI - apparently it's one day too few!), hopefully they won't think I'm desperate if I call again tomorrow.  

Thanks!

I got the card in  Feb of this year. I had to answer the ID questions and the CSR said she would up my CL to 600 (I don't know what it was before, I opened the account online) I called in 3 months (May) for a GLI and got 200 more, but I had only spent maybe 100. I was not going to call for an increase again, so I was surprised to see it auto-increase to the 2500 in August. I did make a few more purchases for my daughter's homecoming dress and then some christmas gifts for my grand daughter, but still just a bit over $300. I'm not a big spender at Macy's, to say the least. They closed the store they had in my town and I don't care to drive an hour to shop. If they had left it open, I am sure they would get more business from me. Dillards is still here, so, I have been shopping for clothing there.

Hope that helps!

Message 15 of 32
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

I made the call last week and asked for my GLI last week right after I app'ed for my new Citi Diamond Preferred card. The rep was a little sticky about it - said I had not charged anything since my last GLI and was acting like he didn't want to give it to me. I told him I knew how the system works and that there was a preapproved amount he could give me. I also said if he didn't give me my GLI I would just call back and one of his associates would. He immediately increase me from $3K to $3.7K. Don't these folks know it's Christmas over here?

That $700 GLI plus the $4.8K Citi card was $5.5K for one week. That was my Christmas. Beyond that we are on austerity here.

Message 16 of 32
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Macy's is just unbelievably awsome. I've just got CLI on Macy's Visa $5k to $10k. All together I have $20.7k credit with Macy's.
Message Edited by wmarat on 12-19-2008 01:47 PM
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 17 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jmbfl wrote:

I made the call last week and asked for my GLI last week right after I app'ed for my new Citi Diamond Preferred card. The rep was a little sticky about it - said I had not charged anything since my last GLI and was acting like he didn't want to give it to me. I told him I knew how the system works and that there was a preapproved amount he could give me. I also said if he didn't give me my GLI I would just call back and one of his associates would. He immediately increase me from $3K to $3.7K. Don't these folks know it's Christmas over here?

That $700 GLI plus the $4.8K Citi card was $5.5K for one week. That was my Christmas. Beyond that we are on austerity here.

I just called - had to go through to someone in another (US-based) department, and that person had to confer with their supervisor, before coming back on the line and telling me they could increase my limit from $2100 to $3000. I'm very happy with that indeed, as I thought I'd only get $700 extra, although I wasn't expecting the escalating to supervisors and the like to get it! I didn't ask to be put through to anyone else, but frontline CSR first told me that I'd had my last increase in October and therefore wasn't eligible - not true, it was in September, so no idea where she got October from! - and then she grumbled a bit and said that I could talk to somebody in (I forget what) department.... person in (whatever) department did some more grumbling, put me on hold for a while, and then came back and said they could give me a $3000 CL.

Hmmm... there seem to be differing reports on this, some people getting CLIs with the usual ease, and some of us being made to sweat a bit (I am now sweating in case they pulled a hard inq without asking me or something - would Macy's do that???) before they give in. I don't think I'll be asking again in 90 days - I liked the hassle-free nature of Macy's CLIs, don't want to have to beg and grovel for it! Think I'll just wait it out and see if they eventually get around to doing the auto thing...

Message Edited by fevmlo on 12-19-2008 05:37 PM
Message 18 of 32
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jmbfl wrote:

I just called - had to go through to someone in another (US-based) department, and that person had to confer with their supervisor, before coming back on the line and telling me they could increase my limit from $2100 to $3000. I'm very happy with that indeed, as I thought I'd only get $700 extra, although I wasn't expecting the escalating to supervisors and the like to get it! I didn't ask to be put through to anyone else, but frontline CSR first told me that I'd had my last increase in October and therefore wasn't eligible - not true, it was in September, so no idea where she got October from! - and then she grumbled a bit and said that I could talk to somebody in (I forget what) department.... person in (whatever) department did some more grumbling, put me on hold for a while, and then came back and said they could give me a $3000 CL.

Hmmm... there seem to be differing reports on this, some people getting CLIs with the usual ease, and some of us being made to sweat a bit (I am now sweating in case they pulled a hard inq without asking me or something - would Macy's do that???) before they give in. I don't think I'll be asking again in 90 days - I liked the hassle-free nature of Macy's CLIs, don't want to have to beg and grovel for it! Think I'll just wait it out and see if they eventually get around to doing the auto thing...

I have been watching for that like a hawk and so far so good. The GLI reported out on their telephone response unit within a few minutes of it being granted (as soon as I could call back). It has not reported to the CB's yet. Now that daily TC pulls have gone away it is harder to trace that - but so far I would have to say that in spite of the run around neither of us was harded.

Message 19 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

jmbfl wrote: 

I have been watching for that like a hawk and so far so good. The GLI reported out on their telephone response unit within a few minutes of it being granted (as soon as I could call back). It has not reported to the CB's yet. Now that daily TC pulls have gone away it is harder to trace that - but so far I would have to say that in spite of the run around neither of us was harded.

Good to know, thanks - if yours was last week and still no sign of a hard, it sounds like you're safe, and hopefully I am too. I just checked all three and I have no new inqs showing (well, no hards and no soft on EX either, which is odd, as that's what I WAS expecting to see) - they'd show up immediately if they had done a hard pull at the time, right?!

I called their automated line a couple of minutes after I got off the phone with them and the new CL was reflected on the account, which is good. I definitely think I'm going to leave off the CLIs now, though - Macy's CLIs are/were great because they were so happy to give them, and I HATE virtually having to beg for something given grudgingly. Can't be much fun for the CSRs, either - I'm sure they'd MUCH rather be cheerfully saying "sure thing, here's another $700" to every customer every 90 days, than dragging their heels and hoping you might change your mind about wanting an increase.

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.