Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-9 points in one week

tag
AssistanceRequired
Valued Member

-9 points in one week

I am really confused... I don't know what I am doing wrong.  I paid down the GEMB card and the account is closed "at customers request".  Results -6.  I disputed a balance that resulted in me losing history earlier this week. Results -3.

I paid down all my credit cards except for the HSBC... Does this mean that my score is going to continue to reduce?  I lost a $2000, loc with the GEMB and my scores are so low I will not be approved for anything else.  What do I do now?  How do I rebound? Please make suggestions?

The plan was to apply for a mortgage in June... That ship has sailed.

Thank you all so much in advance.

Assistance....

Message Edited by AssistanceRequired on 04-30-2008 04:06 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: -9 points in one week

Closing out the GEMB may have lowered your utility.

The TL you disputed the balance on and lost, try calling the creditor and ask if they could re-report it. It sounds like you needed it to help out with age.

Paying down your credit cards will give you a boost as well. I would call and see about CLI's on cards you have now. HSBC has a backdoor number.

Message 2 of 4
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

why did you close the account? You lost History and UTI.
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 3 of 4
AssistanceRequired
Valued Member

GE Money Bank was a $2000 loc thru PeachDirect who lost the GE account.  When the balance was paid the account closed.  I didn't want to loose it, my largest loc.

Now, I find out that Orchard is holding upto $400 in payments on my $600 loc for two weeks now. 
As I charge, I pay it on line immediately, and they hold the payments.  Result "high usage".
They did a soft inquiry result $100 cli.

I ran my SW CR and it indicates considerably lower balances.

4/20/2008 EQ: 663 
4/30/2008 EQ: 654

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.