cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 Day Hold w/All my GE Cards???

tag
CTGirl1107

90 Day Hold w/All my GE Cards???

Hello!  I have been trying to research and find if anyone has experienced the same thing that I am currently going through with my GE cards but have yet to find anything.  If anyone has any advice or a similar experience I would love to hear.  :-)   So, I logged into my Walmart CC after I used to a few days ago to make a payment right away for $39.00 for gas.  I had a zero balance beforehand and wanted to keep it at zero but use the card so I wouldn't risk it getting closed out.  So I went to log in and I couldn't.  It said to call Customer service.  I decided before I called CS to go ahead and check my other GE cards and their balances(even though I know most of them are zero) and I couldn't log in.  I ended up calling customer service who informed me that I have a 90 day hold on my cards and I cannot use them or log into the online accounts for at least 90 days.  The CSA said that I can't even call back or get any info for 90 days.  She said a letter should have been mailed out to me on August 7th but I didn't get any letter regarding a hold being put on my accounts.  I only owe the $39 on the Walmart card and another $128 on my Paypal SmartConnect.  

I had them check my balances on my cards and they are all accurate so there is no threat of anyone using my cards without my permission.  I'm just really disappointed because I don't want them to close the accounts since it would cause an issue with AAoA.  Has anyone experienced something like this with GE before or have any advice on getting this situation sorted out?  Thanks in advance!  

Starting(03/24/13): TU(MyFico) 510 EQ: ?? EP:??
Current Scores(8/10/13): TU(MyFico) 628 ~ Equifax(MyFico) 576 ~ Experian(MyFico) 625

In My Wallet: Merrick Bank($750) Capital One($500) Capital One($300) QuicksilverOne($300) Sears(AU ~ $3500) Home Depot(AU ~ $3000) Lane Bryant(AU ~ $300) Pier 1($250) Fingerhut($1000) Nordstrom($1000) Bloomingdales($800) Target($200) Kohls($300) Torrid($250) Exxon Mobil($200) Q Card($400) American Eagle($150) Walmart($600) Amazon Store Card($600) Paypal SmartConnect($500) Old Navy($200)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: 90 Day Hold w/All my GE Cards???

@CTGirl1107 wrote:

Hello!  I have been trying to research and find if anyone has experienced the same thing that I am currently going through with my GE cards but have yet to find anything.  If anyone has any advice or a similar experience I would love to hear.  :-)   So, I logged into my Walmart CC after I used to a few days ago to make a payment right away for $39.00 for gas.  I had a zero balance beforehand and wanted to keep it at zero but use the card so I wouldn't risk it getting closed out.  So I went to log in and I couldn't.  It said to call Customer service.  I decided before I called CS to go ahead and check my other GE cards and their balances(even though I know most of them are zero) and I couldn't log in.  I ended up calling customer service who informed me that I have a 90 day hold on my cards and I cannot use them or log into the online accounts for at least 90 days.  The CSA said that I can't even call back or get any info for 90 days.  She said a letter should have been mailed out to me on August 7th but I didn't get any letter regarding a hold being put on my accounts.  I only owe the $39 on the Walmart card and another $128 on my Paypal SmartConnect.  

I had them check my balances on my cards and they are all accurate so there is no threat of anyone using my cards without my permission.  I'm just really disappointed because I don't want them to close the accounts since it would cause an issue with AAoA.  Has anyone experienced something like this with GE before or have any advice on getting this situation sorted out?  Thanks in advance!  

Welcome to the forum 

There's a thread just like this in the CC forum both DH & DW accounts have been frozen for 90 days and were told call back in 90 days.

If you would like to read it

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/All-GE-Lovers-Check-this-out/td-p/2389059

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Wierd that they'd do this ~ what are your total credit limits with GE?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Moving to Credit Cards

Message 4 of 7
CTGirl1107

$2450  It's not a ton but it's something when rebuilding.  :-(  

Starting(03/24/13): TU(MyFico) 510 EQ: ?? EP:??
Current Scores(8/10/13): TU(MyFico) 628 ~ Equifax(MyFico) 576 ~ Experian(MyFico) 625

In My Wallet: Merrick Bank($750) Capital One($500) Capital One($300) QuicksilverOne($300) Sears(AU ~ $3500) Home Depot(AU ~ $3000) Lane Bryant(AU ~ $300) Pier 1($250) Fingerhut($1000) Nordstrom($1000) Bloomingdales($800) Target($200) Kohls($300) Torrid($250) Exxon Mobil($200) Q Card($400) American Eagle($150) Walmart($600) Amazon Store Card($600) Paypal SmartConnect($500) Old Navy($200)
Message 5 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

How long had you apped for the cards? Were they opened in a short time period?

Edit: typo
Message 6 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Yeah I agree it's odd, especially given your relatively small CLs with them.   Hopefully they'll get your accounts reactivated quickly.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.